Hunters, WA

Posted August 08, 2013
Poor--- Spends too much money for poor quality education. No PTA or forum for parent support. Acceptance of poor performance based on poverty.

Posted November 20, 2012
This school has consistently been a great home for many students. To the brutal naysayers: Go ahead and attack this school. Go ahead and put down the students, teachers, and administrators. Go ahead and live your life this way. But please, for the love of God, learn to punctuate correctly.

Posted November 19, 2012
I just got done reading the article about being a graduate of Columbia High. The writer claims its not the school or the teachers to blame for poor results, its the community. I have heard this many times before from this school. A few years ago the school hired a teacher, with out properly doing a back ground check, latter, it was found the teacher was romancing the female student body,and yes, the school blamed the parents and girls involved. Just last year a parent brought up to the attention of the school board that FFA was out of compliance and has been for several years (non payment of charter dues ,required classes not being offered) . These are just a few of the problems this school has. The fact that the administration tried to hide this or the declining enrolment in this school further shows its time for a change

Posted July 23, 2012
Glad to hear such a good report from a Columbia School graduate but that was many years ago and it appears that things have changed in the last 26 years. Office of Public Instruction for Wa. State has all the current information and stats on line as it is all public record. Education at Columbia School is poor at best and Columbia will need to take some strong measures to improve the dismal outcome most students are experiencing. The school board and adminstration bully the community When approached with problems. There is far too much money being spent for a small student body. Over staffed with administration that does not have the skill set to accomplished needed change. This is a "good old boys, local industry," that claims to be "all about kids," but results do not support that claim. I suggest parents do whatever it takes to get their children to a school that can provide a better education that children at Columbia are not receiving.

Posted July 22, 2012
I am a graduate from Columbia High. My education received has taken me through 26 years in the Unites States Air Force and has granted me with enough know how to get through 4 university degrees and I currently finishing up on my 5th one. The teachers bonded with me and the principal was great. My grammar my not be perfect (thanks to typing and spell check) and I even struggle now with higher math, but the school or teachers are not to blame. Parents need to look at how much they are preparing their own children to succeed. I see all negative remarks yet I am a living example "as a student" that the school taught me how to succeed. Drugs and alcohol are everywhere and present when I attended. If your child were taught to "not" partake, then there shouldn't be an issue. Students also have a difficult time with authority (more so now than in the past). Bring back SWATTING and i bet the grades will improve. I do not condone swatting, but it was an attention getter even with the prospect.

Posted May 31, 2012
Reading these reviews, I believe half are written by school staff, to give this school a higher rating than it deserves.

Posted May 25, 2012
This school is in the process of preparing my son for college. Caring staff who are supportive of students, all of my concerns have been listened to and addressed, and answers have shown that thought has gone into what the school's vision is for the students. Thank you! And... keep it up! Other reviews on this site prompted me to write this one... Sounds like some people have a vendetta against this school because the one my son attends is EXCELLENT!

Posted February 16, 2012
Wonderful place. I was so lucky to be part of this school for a short time.

Posted November 02, 2010
Low performing school with weak and ineffective administration and school board. Total lack of accountability with no oversight. Low expectation for student and teacher performance.

Posted October 24, 2008
The safety of the students at that school is extremely horrible! I do not feel safe when my child is attending your school

Columbia High and Elementary School
4961b Hunters Shop Rd, Hunters, WA  99137
Last modified Columbia High and Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbia High and Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top