Posted September 03, 2014
Issaquah high school is a great school with an excellent learning environment. It all depends on the student and parents support as to what your child gets out of any school. My son recently graduated top in his class, he did not play sports and was a serious student who stayed focused. He is attending an awsome college and he thouroly enjoyed his time at IHS. I have another child who currently attends Issaquah high who plays sports, is in advance classes and social balanced. He is thriving. Parents need to be involved in their child's academic lives. You can't expect to send your child to school and let everyone else do the work for you. I was sad to read the negative reviews from students complaining about socioeconomics/class difference and lack of diversity. Welcome to the real world. Consentrate on what you can control and take advantage of the opportunity to receive a great education at IHS.

Posted June 28, 2014
As a student who went here for 4 years, I can honestly say I was disappointed in my experience here. I knew many, many students who were so sick of the cruel and harsh environment created by the students so they transferred out or started doing the running start program. Most of the students at this school are competitive and judgmental and straight up bullies. If you or your family didn't fit the upper middle class, white, cookie cutter mold you were outcasted by your peers and even the teachers and the administration. Many students of color would get teased daily by white students and no one thought anything of it. It's really quite sad because students at this school are afraid to be who they are and I have seen unique individuals turn into mean and unoriginal people. The administration doesn't do much about the bullying problem either. The education one receives at this school is actually good at times yet the atmosphere makes it hard for a student to concentrate. I would recommend sending your kids elsewhere if you want them to turn into decent human beings.

Posted June 03, 2014
This school has been in the news countless times and not for good reasons. It seems to me that the students as well as parents at this school are extremely competitive and over the top. If you want your child to attend a school with a diverse, friendly and caring student body look else where. This school has a major bullying problem, even resulting in a few students committing suicide. There is too much pressure at this school and not about academics, about the social aspects. It's apparent to me and other parents only the privileged thrive at this school. The teachers are decent and the building is of course, beautiful. But a beautiful building does not make up for the cut throat environment. I made the choice to send my kids to private school and I do not regret it one bit.

Issaquah High School 2

Posted August 28, 2013
I have grown up in the Issaquah School District all my life. Since I have attended Issaquah High School I must say that I am very disappointed. I find that many of my peers are not focused on academic achievements but more on the social and athletic aspects of this school. Many of them complain that the classes are too difficult when there is just no effort being put into their academic studies.I went into high school my freshman year thinking that I was somewhat intelligent. Meeting people from other schools proved me wrong. Issaquah High School has a very poor curriculum in contrast to many other school districts. Their social aspects destroyed my faith in Issaquah. There is bullying, and cliques and a sense of entitlement instilled in many people. I must say that I'm embarrassed to call Issaquah my school.

Posted April 30, 2013
My School is Issaquah High School. I find the building to be beautiful but the experience ends there. Poor administration communication to families, very little teacher interaction with parents, teachers very slow to update on line homework and grades if at all. I have found the administration to be arrogant and not really asking for or interested in having parents involved in the school. I know others feel differently but in my first year of my son attending I have only had 1 e-mail from a teacher. I see and know parents that want to be involved but staff appears to not ask, require or engage with anyone. I will say that this is different from the sports as they require heavy parent involvement for sports just wish they could do the same for academics.

Posted June 17, 2012
IHS's new building adds to the overall learning experience you get when you attend. Of course there are amazing teachers and less likable ones, this occurs at any school, but the outstanding teachers outnumber them. I was a 9th grader this year and I couldn't have asked for a better year. Having moved from a different state, I was worried about making friends and fitting in. At IHS there is an incredible amount of smiling faces who all want to be your friend. The best ways to get connected are to get involved in sports, band, or clubs, which there is plethora of. Every class I took I learned more than I could have ever imagined as the curriculum was challenging, but interesting. The atmosphere was always lively and fun to be in. Sadly, I'm moving again and will have to leave behind the gorgeous college-like campus. Moving to Issaquah? Issaquah High School is the best place to be, don t even think of going to Skyline or Liberty. Trust me; Issaquah High will forever impact your life.

Posted January 17, 2012
Its a really good school. I would think it was really hard, but i also have learning disabilities. the teachers help me out a lot, and the people are really nice. Issaquah is also very spirited!

Issaquah High School 2

Posted November 13, 2011
Everyone tends to focus on the great sports programs, the school teeming with spirit and the facilities. While these may make the school look nice or fun at first lets not forget something. I came from a rigorous private school and was not able to pay for it anymore, so i got moved to issaquah. Let's just say, people who have been saying the academic classes are rigorous or the AP programs are sufficient are wrong. I've been in public school all my life up until these two last years at private school, and even being at Eckstein middle school i had more work! It's sad to see schools like issaquah take sports precedent over academics, i see a giant lack in academic support. The school is big, and even in advanced courses i find myself not being challenged or able to approach my teachers. The kids and my friends at the school always tell me how I've come from a private school and I'm sheltered and stuff like that, when they have one of the highest population of white people at their school and the smallest population of other ethical backgrounds at their school than others. Im hispanic, offended and have a bit of scorn for this school. Go if your a star athlete, nothing more...

Posted April 15, 2011
Excellent academics. kids always have homework. Teachers respond to e-mail and phone messages. great sports programs with top quality coaches. Teachers and staff are very good. Brand new rebuilt school buildings. Kids with Issaquah High Diplomas have no problem getting into Colleges.

Issaquah High School 3

Posted January 02, 2011
interesting school. many different groups of people, but because there is practically no diversity students form opinions of people. this causes a lot of racism/discrimination. Even some of the teachers are racist, I had to transfer out of a class because of a teacher like this. also the math department is terrible. great sports, and ASB program though I would not recommend this school.

Issaquah High School
700 2nd Ave SE, Issaquah, WA  98027
Last modified Issaquah High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Issaquah High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top