Issaquah, WA

Posted September 22, 2013
As a first year kindergartner parent, I am very impressed with the school and the community at IVE. I am also impressed with its curriculum and how it is designed to accommodate each student's level. The school is well organized and welcoming to new parents.

Posted September 12, 2013
I would not recommend this school. The principal does not follow through with agreements and becomes threatening if questioned. There are a few good teachers but good luck getting one.

Posted January 03, 2013
IVE is an amazing school. I can not say how pleased I am. Mrs. Holt really has it together.

Posted December 19, 2012
I have nothing but good things to say about I.V.E. From the academic involvement to the emotional support given to children when needed. The principle addresses issues quickly and teachers are available to provide feedback and guidance along the well. The front office not only knows the kids but treats them with respect and kindness. This is a great public school.

Posted January 21, 2011
Issaquah Valley Elementary is a great learning environment for the children. Lots and lots of emphasis on READING!!! Programs for all levels of learning. We moved to the Issaquah School District from a well-funded school district in Pennsylvania. Although Washington state does not fund the schools as they should, it is amazing the excellent preparation that the children receive for middle school, high school and beyond. You will be glad you decided to enroll your children at IVE!

Posted November 15, 2010
We have had nothing but good experiences since the kids started here a year ago. The principal was new last year and got right to work in creating an environment of achievement. She's been very open and responsive when approached. The teachers have been focused on learning and there are extra activities for the high learners as well as specialists for those who need help. The parents have been so welcoming to us and we've made some great friends. I got involved in the PTA and am amazed at how much they do for the school. We are very pleased we chose IVE!

Posted September 04, 2010
Teacher involvement in a student's academic and social life in the class, is at the lowest level that I have EVER experienced in any public school. They seem to turn a blind eye when it comes to bullying and taunting in the classroom. I can say that there are two great teachers at the school, and that's because they are "older" and have plenty of common sense, which is critical for a teacher to possess if he/she is to make a positive impact on a student. Also, it's about time that the PTA Board Members and Room Parents must make it a point to include and make all parents feel welcome in the school community.

Posted June 03, 2010
I am not keen on getting calls asking me to donate money so the teachers can go back to school to increase their knowledge base. Isn't that what FAFSA is there for or what about your own paycheck instead of ours? Are you going to pay for my education upgrade down the road when I come calling? No, so why am I paying to upgrade your teachers? If they can't teach time to hire someone who can! Get a budget, stick to that budget and stop telephone panhandling!

Issaquah Valley Elementary School

Posted April 24, 2010
The salmon life-cycle teaching that goes on in 4th grade, and the Science Fairs!

Issaquah Valley Elementary School 3

Posted June 12, 2005
I thought this was a horrible school. The only time that my child was ever invited to participate in any extracurricular activities was to help the school with fundraising activities. I don't appreciate my children being taught to sell things as a form of academic acheivement.

Issaquah Valley Elementary School
555 NW Holly St, Issaquah, WA  98027
Last modified Issaquah Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Issaquah Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top