Issaquah, WA

Clark Elementary School
Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 16, 2015
I feel like they developed lazy kids! We came from a very rigorous school. They were two years ahead now I feel like school is a joke.

Clark Elementary School 2

Posted June 16, 2015
Run away from this school. We came from exceptional schools and this school is anything but. They don't believe in spelling homework, actually they don't really believe in homework (or actually enforcing it for a grade). They do come home with one math worksheet, but the problem there is it's common core, no examples or books to use at home or for parents. We had to ask the teacher for a text book just to help our child, otherwise we were completely in the dark. They have no specific reading curriculum, other then reading at home or quiet reading times at school. No comprehension testing, no home projects. Lots of behavioral problems, and for some reason they believe in doing things with love instead of the punishment necessary. Tried to get involved and the teachers had no idea what to give me to help. Overall, extremely disappointed academically.

Posted February 26, 2014
I am from a family of teachers and administrators. When we move to the area to enroll my daughter it took some time waiting in the office to fill out paperwork. During those few minutes I was lucky to get to see the principal of Clark in action. He was dealing with an issue respectfully with the teachers as well as with the students. I believe schools are great from the top-down, and this one has a great principal. My daughters teacher is young for a teacher. She is clearly trained and managed well. She is a good teacher learning to be a great teacher. When I am waiting in the pickup line, I can often see a fourth or fifth grade teachers class let out at the front of the school it looks like all of the children want to say good-bye to him. The man looks tired, but I noticed that he still takes the time to greet all of the parents individually. Even after the children have gotten in their cars they are eager to say goodbye again to this teacher. We also moved here from a prestigious private school overseas, but my daughter is much more excited about learning at Clark. I recommend Clark highly.

Posted November 19, 2013
My son is in Clark Elementary First Grade. He loves the school and the way of teaching. It has been pleasure to be in that school.

Posted November 18, 2013
We were rezoned to Clark and I can not say enough good things about this school. The principal is outstanding. Very hands-on and involved in all classroom and student activities. The teachers are super friendly and professional. Very impressed with this school and the staff!

Posted September 10, 2013
My son started K this year and we are very pleased for now. They have small size classes, very enthusiastic teachers and a professional and active principal.

Clark Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2013
Clark Elementary school is like home for my son. One suggestion I have is to change the Maths syllabus :) . It would be good to include more activities in maths. I have refered Clark for many of my friends.

Posted January 05, 2012
Clark Elementary has surpassed all my expectations. My son moved to Clark from a prestigious private academy and I feel the education in the Clark Science Tech program is superior to the private program he was previously in. His teachers are enthusiastic and talented educators--I appreciate their communication regarding my son's progress. They keep me well informed on his accomplishments and opportunities along with educational tips I can use at home to supplement his learning. The administrative staff is warm and helpful and the Principal is a caring and inspiring woman. The deserve a standing applause in my opinion.

Posted June 23, 2010
We love the small class sizes, and the fact that the school is small enough that the staff greets all the kids by their name.

Clark Elementary School 3

Posted June 04, 2010
racism and discrimination. The parents want help but some people there don't want any one supervising waht is happening inside with details. The behaivor with not american parents is very discriminating in Clark Elementary, specially administrative staff. I think they like show their against and power with some parents and they want make feel inferior. Some workers are amazing but not all.

Clark Elementary School
500 2nd Ave SE, Issaquah, WA  98027
Last modified Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clark Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top