Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The main teachers are not the issue...they have some great teachers. The other staff is the issue and the district is not great either.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give homework but do not follow up on it once it is turned in...

Develops character: Neutral

I feel they don't look out for the childs best interest. especially with special needs children. They are worried more about what they legally are required to do on paper to check the box.

I have two kids who attend this school. One has special needs and I am always fighting for my child to receive the services he needs ...They have an IEP meeting every year. basically they just run you over at those meetings and try to scale back on speech or providing anything...They are good about covering up what is required by law on the IEP paperwork so they don't get in legal trouble. My advice if you have a child with special needs is to bring a professional advocate with you to these meetings that knows exactly what is required of the district by law for your child and knows their rights and to make notes ahead of time so you don't forget anything. My child struggles so bad with school and The communication with this school is terrible...I can e-mail or call and be polite and it gets us no where. Also we had trouble with my kid being bullied before... one of the times He was hit in the head with a rock came home with a huge bump on his head and nothing was really done about it and they were really sketchy on the details. Also my special needs kid is lactose intolerant and they constantly give him snacks or drinks that cause him terrible stomach issues and then they wonder why he is absent sometimes... They also lose important paperwork like shot records I still wonder if my kids personal information is out there somewhere ... I can write a book about my attempts to work with them and it getting no where. I am just glad we are moving soon.

My daughter attends school here and loves it! Her teacher is very enthusiastic and positive. The PTA works very hard to provide many "extras" throughout the year and the staff are very dedicated to seeing the children succeed. My child's teacher is great with communicating anything from upcoming school events to any problems there may be in the classroom. I would gladly have my child continue to go here throughout the rest of elementary school!

14 hours days??????? Are you kidding me, I live close to the school and the earliest I have seen somebody is at 6:30, the school is empty by 3, the last person leaving is the custodian Dolores, nicest lady on building. Some teachers care and are nice, they can't do much with the support provide by distric and principal and her bad reputation. SCHOOL of DYSFUNCTION BEACHWOOD, shame of you for not providing EXTRA services, other than the ones for families with IEP, and this kids are the most abuse by system, left behind and neglected. Children often need extra help and is not provide, classroom size is large, ratio is usually 30:1. Some teachers are overwhelmed because of this and distric don't do anything to solve this matter with at least having one assistant teacher per classroom when is need it. This school is very bad, just stay away if you can, we are now homeschooling our 3 boys and is going wonderful.

Glad that year is over and we are moving this summer, this is by far the worst school my daughter has attended. No real homework, just a few pages sometimes. Many incidents of bullies and no staff wanted to do something about it, is true, bullies are everywhere, the difference if how you manage to get the problem solved, how you get rid of it and in this school nobody seemed to care a bit about it. Classes are not challenging and below average standards nationwide. Principal too much blah blah blah and never bother at all to do new things, to engage with students, etc. One time my daughter went to say hello and she asked to sit down in a very rude manner. No enthusiasm, more like a military regime that doesn't work to attack the problems of bullies, etc. School of recognition only means that is currently meeting standars statewide of reading and math, but we all know this is very easy to alter, please don't fool yourselves!!!!Anyway is not a big deal because it should be of course meeting the standars!!!PTA is mediocre and doesn't innovate in nice educational activities, No good behavior system reward, no field trips! If your are movie to WA try another districtOr just homeschool

This school has been School of Distinction for three years in a row! This school provides many extra services for students and has curriculum night for family members. The teachers are dedicated and hardworking. Many of the teachers work 14 hour days and still take time to meet with family members and discuss student achievement. Bullying happens in every school and Beachwood staff take it very seriously and work with students and family members to resolve issues in a timely and caring fashion.

Bullies! Bullies, bullies! I'm a mom of a special needs child and she has been victim of abuse and principal doesn't help, no solutions! Bullying continues and to the point my daughter doesn't want to go no more to school. Teachers also never hear anything of what happening on classroom and let the kids resolve issues and incident that in my opinion and many others parents it shouldn't be like this,many intolerable situations at this mediocre school. Stay AWAY!!!

Not impressed by the school system in Washington State. The curriculum is does not met everyone's needs. My son has not learned anything in Kindergarten, the teacher moves on with the curriculum without taking in consideration the needs of students who have a different learning styles. Not impressed with the staff. Children are not adequately supervised and teachers are frequently absent.

Last modified Beachwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.