Kalama, WA

Kalama Jr Sr High School 5

Posted July 25, 2012
Kalama Schools offer a great environment for students. Not only are sports programs well-supported, but so are the drama and music programs. FBLA competes at state level, and advanced classes are there for those who have the motivation to take the challenge. Teachers are attentive and always strive to help students succeed. As a student from elementary to high school I always felt supported by teachers, staff, coaches and my peers - these are people who I still hold relationships with many years after graduation. The student body is very much like family due to the small size. Kalama's leadership program is outstanding and gives students the opportunity to thrive as community leaders before they even leave campus. Bullying is a shame, but it occurs at any school and I don't believe for one minute that it's any worse here. I enjoyed my years at Kalama Schools and can't wait to raise my own children through this great school system!

Posted April 23, 2010
i am not happy with this school at all. i would not recomend this school at all. if i could rate it zero stars or negative stars i would

Kalama Jr Sr High School

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers and coaches and staff not only give our kids the best education, they teach them compassion.....Go Chinooks!!!!!!

Posted October 26, 2008
Sports is the only game in town here. After years of no disipline we are sending our daughter to Kelso, at no small cost. Sports are important, but perspective is in need of focus here. The inmates are running this assylum.

Posted February 05, 2008
I am new to Kalama this year, and so far it has been so awesome!! But there is quite a bit of drama and rumor spreading. The teachers here are awsome! They will take time out of planning periods to help a student and they take time out of class to help one particular student. All of the teachers theory is that student success is #1. As for paying to much for sports? We did get a new turf and baseball field. But what about a new softball field? Everyone in sports are getting new things. We have had the same softball field for many years now and I think it is time to upgrade, as does the coaches. But overall this is a great school except for minor details. :)

Posted January 17, 2008
I have been going to this school for 11 years now, and I wouldn't move. The teachers are great. The main flaw is they spend too much money on sports, but now we have turf. So that's good for football players. Their are about 5 fights a year. Go to a big school, you'll see that in a day.

Posted November 18, 2007
I have been attending this school system for thirteen years now. And honestly, the only grades that I did not experience any form of bullying were K-5. So only let your kids go here for their elementary years, the best. There is so much theft, vulgarity, and bullying here in the middle/high school that it blows my mind. The school administration favors sports, so that's where all the money goes, 'forget arts and new books! As long as there's sports equipment then everything is okay.' Also, the admin. has to have some kind of drama all the time... if there isn't any then they'll create it. Like picking on awesome teachers who have only been teaching here for three years, and who has the respect of the students that they(admin.) themselves lack! So if you are looking for an unfair administration to place your kid(s) under then this place is perfect!

Posted August 26, 2007
This school is an excellent learning enviroment if the will to learn is there. You couldn't ask for better teachers. I have attended many schools and I have never felt I have learned as much from any other staff. I regret the lack of a wide range of electives. However we do well for a low budget school. As for not preparing us for real life, Im sorry but you must be sadly misinformed. This school is one of the only small schools to be apart of the Washington Association of Student Councils. Our leadership programs let us work on improving our school. We will soon install an RSVP program. Which will improve our school enviroment. Sports programs are important to childrens futures because they can learn many life lessons that way.

Kalama Jr Sr High School 3

Posted January 03, 2007
Not impressed with the constant bullying, attacking, and destroying of personal property that go's on in the middle school. My child constantly is getting something broken, stolen, taken, you name it and if my child stands up, my child gets detention or ISS. The principal seems to care however the asst. could not be farther away.

Kalama Jr Sr High School 2

Posted July 18, 2006
I moved here in 2001. My two children attended Kalama Elementary with great success. My oldest is now attending the junior/senior high school. She was an honor roll student, but her grades declined tremendously because of the constant harassment in the classroom and on the campus by the

Kalama Jr Sr High School
548 China Garden Rd, Kalama, WA  98625
Last modified Kalama Jr Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kalama Jr Sr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top