Kelso, WA

Barnes Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2013
I went there from kindergarten to 5th grade and I was getting bullied in 5th and they do anything about it I'm going to be in high school next year

Posted November 07, 2011
My daughter is attending barnes as a kindergartner and has mrs. Carey and although this is my first experience with public school since i was a kid, i have to say how very impressed i am with how well this school addresses issues and really goes the extra mile. They are big about not bullying, respecting yourself and others, and making it a safe school experience for everyone. My daughter knew her alphabet and was just beginning numbers before she started and its three months later and she is reading and doing math! I was concerned about class size but they were already hiring another teacher. We get full days for all kindergartners and free tutoring from a company two days a week. The teachers are very careful about how the kids are released and if a child looks like they are going somewhere they shouldnt, like walking the wrong direction from home, ive seen them stop them until they confirm its ok with a parent. Great dedicated teachers and staff!

Posted April 15, 2009
This is the best school that I have ever sent my daughter to school at and the teachers are great and are always helpful, the office staff is always up to date and they are always willing to help. The principal is full of energy and never do you see a frown on her face

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted June 22, 2007

Barnes Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2006
I have had a good experience with Barnes so far. My child has attended in the past with Ms. James, and was lucky enough to get her when she returned for fifth grade this year. I appreciate her high standards for the children, and my child respects her. I never hear of bullying, and she never complains that she is being make fun of. When she attended Robert Gray, the kids were brutal, and she fell very far behind, but I was never informed. I think communication with the teachers at Barnes is excellent, and I never have any trouble talking to my childs teacher. She always returns my calls. Much better experience here than at Robert Gray...which surprised me a lot. I'm very happy with this school!

Barnes Elementary School
401 Barnes, Kelso, WA  98626
Last modified Barnes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barnes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top