Moorlands Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2012
The staff and the parents MAKE this school the awesomeness that it is! The building is older, but don't let looks deceive,my kindergartner LOVES going to school! She has music, PE and library days, and get so many enrichments. I'm so sad we are moving away, but hopefully we'll find another school as good as it is here! (I only took off one start for the old building)

Posted February 12, 2012
Moorlands has been a great school for our two children thus far. Their Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Hink was truly outstanding and their first and second grade teachers were also excellent. Mr. Santos is a caring principal that makes a point to stay engaged and personally help address any issues quickly. Staff does a great job with existing facilities and has managed spending well to focus on teaching materials and things that matter most to the students. Hopefully will see an upgrade in buildings soon to help them further.

Posted February 28, 2011
I like the school, especially the principal Mr Santos, he works really hard and deals with the teachers, the students very well.

Posted April 06, 2010
My Daughter and I love Moorlands! The Teachers are wonderful! The area is beautiful. I moved here just to have my Daughter in the NorthShore school district, and to go to Moorlands. I am very happy with this school!

Moorlands Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2008
My daughter is new to moorlands. We moved from California.Thanks to her Sir ,class students,staff she is extremely happy here.she is from a difficult culture,country but still she says every body treats her well.The very first time, we went to get the enrollment form,the Principal came from nowhere i should say, and introduced himself to us,welcomed my daughter.we were thrilled .I saw a confidence in my daughter's face that very moment.Even when she got into trouble during PTE because of another girl,she was very upset.But her class Teacher resolved the issue very next day effectively that my daughter was convinced my his positive approach.I have seen schools were Prinicipal hardly seen in the campus or school Secretary being nice to the parents irrespective of color. but not in moorlands.If you have worries, please talk to the Principal.As a mom, I wish every child to feel happy and safe at school.

Posted December 10, 2008
I agree with the earlier post. There is a subculture that exists here, something we have not experienced at our other school. My child is struggling.

Posted September 17, 2008
Good luck if you are a new family that has moved into the neighborhood. This is not a welcoming school. The parents and students do not go out of their way to welcome new students. What you get instead are stares and the cold shoulder.

Posted September 16, 2008
Both of my children attended Moorlands. They are now in Jr High and have transitioned well, thanks to the staff at Moorlands. I've found the teachers friendly, helpful and caring. The principal is very involved - he attends every function. In the mornings, he's out there, welcoming the kids. In the afternoons, he gives out high 5's as they board the school busses. And of course, the staff and volunteers contibute to make this school a Great School!

Moorlands Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2008
This school is NOT for children with a learning disability who is also in the general education program. Send your child somewhere else, where they will be treated fairly and their disability will be taken into consideration.

Posted August 15, 2006
What a wonderful school! Great teachers, wonderful staff and the parental involvement is amazing.

Moorlands Elementary School
15115 84 Av NE, Kenmore, WA  98028
Last modified Moorlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Moorlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top