Kennewick, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 13, 2011
This is my child's third year at Bethlehem Lutheran School, and she continues to look forward to school each day. She is smart and active, but she doesn't get bored at school. The curriculum is rigorous and creative enough to hold her attention. Her teachers are fostering in my child a love of learning, as well as an attitude of kindness and service toward others. They also thoughtfully include parents in educational decisions about their child/ren, as well as school activities and outings. I've also been impressed by the staff members' deeply caring attitude toward students, as well as their high expectations for student achievement in both academics and moral/character development. Not only do they teach about Jesus, they also model His love and grace to students every day. Everyone - from the principal to the teachers to the school secretary - has treated my child and our family with kindness and respect. I can't compliment this school enough. I'm confident that Bethlehem Lutheran School is equipping my child with the tools she'll need to succeed in her education and in life.

Posted December 07, 2010
My daughter is in her second year of attending BLS in Kennewick. She looks forward to school every day. She loves her classroom teacher & the teacher aide. The principal is in his 2nd year at the school and is really great. He waits outside at the front door each day when school starts and greets every student by name. It seems like a little thing, but the children love it! My daughter consistently surprises me with the depth of things she is learning at school. She is a very smart girl and is challenged in her class to do her work carefully and apply what she is learning. The school is small, but offers a wide range of sports and after school activities for the students. There are Club Thursday offerings a few times a month for K-8th graders with activities like Lego Club, Cooking Club, etc. in addition to many sports. Parents are encouraged to get involved in the classroom and in the many family activities put on at the school (50's Family Fun Night, Trunk N Treat, etc.). I am so happy to send my child to Bethlehem for school. I could not ask for more for my child's education.

Bethlehem Lutheran School 2

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted January 10, 2007
I just can not say enough good things about BLS. As a student, I received a quality education that gave me a head start as I entered high school and beyond. I will always be grateful for the firm foundation, scholastic and spiritual, that I was given there. Now, as a parent with a child in elementary school , I continue to be impressed with the high level of commitment from the staff to my child's education and growth. I feel that the principal has the students best interests in mind and the teaching staff is second to none. Extra curricular activities are impressive in number for a small school. Parent Involvement is encouraged and it saddens me that more parents don't take the time to become part of this great place. I feel that my daughter is safe at school and discipline is handled appropriately. I highly recommend BLS!

Posted November 17, 2006

Posted November 17, 2006
I love Bethlehem Lutheran School. The BLS staff is excellent. They are dedicated to providing a Christian foundation for all of their students. I am also very impressed by the availability of extra-curricular activities. They offer sports, drama, choir and chess. The tuition is reasonable and I am looking forward to their new facility in Fall 2008

Posted July 10, 2006
BLS is a wonderful school. We've had an excellent experience so far, and intend to send our children all the way through to 8th grade. Over the years, private school choices have increased in our area. However, we found comfort in the fact that we're sending our daughter to a school that has been providing quality Christian education for nearly 100 years. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged, and a lot of personal attention is given to each student. We couldn't be happier!

Bethlehem Lutheran School 4

Posted July 30, 2005
Bethlehem Lutheran preschool was one of the best I've worked with in the Tri-Cities! Two teachers team teach this class and they are a perfect pair. One teacher is outgoing and active with children, which has proved successful with one of my children, who can't seem to sit still. The other teacher is friendly and passive, a quality that seemed to benefit my shy child. The team worked together to reach standards far surpassing many other preschools in the area, and thay worked hard to incorporate all aspects of education, not solely focusing on writing and counting as many other preschools I've seen have. Parent involvement was encouraged and appreciated, however it was not required. I would like to see an increase in biblical teachings in future experiences I have with BLS, but I will definatelly use this school again!

Posted January 25, 2004
- a former student

Posted September 09, 2003
My child attended Bethlehem from kindergarten all the way through the eight grade and I have never regretted making the choice to enroll her there. Not only did she receive a quality education with emphasis on fundamentals, but she was taught intangibles as well- respect for others,discipline and appreciation for the gifts and atlents of others, even when they fall under the umbrella of being different. My child was encouraged and supported in her pursuit of various areas of interest, and my participation in my child's education was encouraged as well. I would strongly recommend BLS to any parent who is searching for excellence of education for their child in the Tri-Cities.

Bethlehem Lutheran School
1409 South Garfield Street, Kennewick, WA  99337
Last modified Bethlehem Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bethlehem Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top