Bad
Good

Desert Hills Middle School 5

Posted February 26, 2015
I currently attend Desert Hills Middle School, I am in 7th grade. The teachers are amazing. They prepare us well for the state tests that are required each year in certain subjects depending on your grade level. Every teacher I have had has been so nice and even though I have had a couple teachers that are really strict, they are very nice. They always ask that we try our best no matter what the situation. They always want the best for us and push us to do great things! Desert Hills is in the top 10 best test scores in Washington. Which means that we are in the top 10 out of every school in Washington that has the best end of year test scores!!! I would definitely recommend attending this school!!

Desert Hills Middle School 3

Posted May 24, 2011
I have had two reg ed kids at this school and it went fine for them. However, for my child on an IEP, the experience there was overall very poor. I would never send another child with special needs there, ever!

Desert Hills Middle School

Posted October 05, 2005
New to the area signing up the children in this school was chaos. They don't seem to be well organized, lost children's shot records that I brought in, there was no order in the office, no one new what was going on or where I should go. Very frustrating. My children have started the school now and seem to enjoy it. They don't have any major complaints and the friends they are making seem to be good quality kids. I still need more time to decide the true quality of the school as we are only one month into it.

Desert Hills Middle School 2

Posted April 24, 2005
My daughter attends Deserthills 8th grade this year-and both of my teenagers have now spent all 3 years there. I do not care for the amount of teacher -parent interaction that they offer or provide. From my experience it has been next to none. Unless of course there was a problem then it seems they still were not real eager to involve me or identify the source of the problem rather than acknowledge it,grade it,punish it and move on. I also feel almost as if --if I would have made a monetary donation a few times a year -then maybe I would have gotten more 'attention' or my child would have.

Desert Hills Middle School
6011 West 10th Place, Kennewick, WA  99338
Last modified Desert Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.