Bad
Good

This is a small school but the principal and staff are fantastic overall. Like any school, there are a couple dud teachers but the majority really care. My kids have been quite happy here and are getting a quality education. My son has gone on to progress into the district gifted program and I suspect my daughter will follow suit.

my son is new this year and has already been bullied. His teacher is mediocre at best and the staff allowed him to board a bus without knowing if it was ok or not on the first and second day.

Edison has a lot to be desired. The principal there is great, but that does not reflect the attitudes of the rest of the staff. My son's teacher is rude and has a 'thats not my problem' attitude about everything. I am happy my son got into the dual language program, but I hope that after kindergarten the rest of the teachers in the program will be willing to be friendly with parents and put effort into the education of the students. Every time I interact with the school I feel as though Im inconveniencing them.

I love Edison Elementary. Mr. Kanard is a wonderful Principal and the staff are are very friendly. The low test scores have little to do with the quality of teachers that are at the school. There are a lot of low income students whose first language is not English. This creates a big problem for trying to convey the subject matter to those students. Our daughter attends Edison and we have been pleased with her education. I know her teachers care about her and want her to learn. I also substitute teach at Edison quite often and prefer to teach at Edison verses the other low income schools in the district.

I was very happy with Edison. My kids loved school there. Everyone on staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem to be doing a great job educating students. I was really happy about how much my kids learned there.

It is unacceptable to me for this school to be getting a failing grade! I would definitely not send my children here again! If you care about your children s education do your research. Edison rate the lowest of all kennewick elementary schools.

We had our house for sale because my kids went to Edison and it was pretty bad. That was until Ted Mansfield arrived on the scene. He and another former principal brought organization and structure to Edison. The teachers were pushed to expect more and teach more. It is hard to believe what he accomplished in only one year with us. Our scores and good behavior both sky-rocketed. We took our house off the market and stayed because it was so much better. Bill D. parent

Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.