Kennewick, WA

Posted September 15, 2014
my son is new this year and has already been bullied. His teacher is mediocre at best and the staff allowed him to board a bus without knowing if it was ok or not on the first and second day.

Posted February 13, 2014
Edison has a lot to be desired. The principal there is great, but that does not reflect the attitudes of the rest of the staff. My son's teacher is rude and has a 'thats not my problem' attitude about everything. I am happy my son got into the dual language program, but I hope that after kindergarten the rest of the teachers in the program will be willing to be friendly with parents and put effort into the education of the students. Every time I interact with the school I feel as though Im inconveniencing them.

Posted April 14, 2013
I love Edison Elementary. Mr. Kanard is a wonderful Principal and the staff are are very friendly. The low test scores have little to do with the quality of teachers that are at the school. There are a lot of low income students whose first language is not English. This creates a big problem for trying to convey the subject matter to those students. Our daughter attends Edison and we have been pleased with her education. I know her teachers care about her and want her to learn. I also substitute teach at Edison quite often and prefer to teach at Edison verses the other low income schools in the district.

Posted August 20, 2012
I was very happy with Edison. My kids loved school there. Everyone on staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem to be doing a great job educating students. I was really happy about how much my kids learned there.

Posted March 16, 2011
It is unacceptable to me for this school to be getting a failing grade! I would definitely not send my children here again! If you care about your children s education do your research. Edison rate the lowest of all kennewick elementary schools.

Posted January 03, 2008
We had our house for sale because my kids went to Edison and it was pretty bad. That was until Ted Mansfield arrived on the scene. He and another former principal brought organization and structure to Edison. The teachers were pushed to expect more and teach more. It is hard to believe what he accomplished in only one year with us. Our scores and good behavior both sky-rocketed. We took our house off the market and stayed because it was so much better. Bill D. parent

Edison Elementary School 5

Posted January 12, 2006
I think that this is a good school, I have 3 kids going there now and they seem to be doing quite well. The teachers are great, they are very helpful in communicating with me. I think that the level of your kids success starts at home. School is the place to learn, but needs to be continued at home. Parents need to get involved and I think that is why I like the school, I know the teachers and they know me.

Edison Elementary School
201 South Dawes St, Kennewick, WA  99336
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top