Kennewick, WA
Students enrolled: 1,639

Posted November 23, 2014
Kamiakin High School has an effective site for keeping parents up to date on their student's progress.

Posted February 26, 2014
My daughter and son-in-law both graduated from kamiakin HS. Two of my grandchildren recently graduated from KHS. We were originally from Richland so I had my doubts. 27 yrs later I am impressed with this school. Academics is their first priority, though they have excellent sports program, it is a must to maintain a passing GPA to participate. The music program is great. There are programs for everyone and parents are really involved. They prepare their students for graduation, workforce, & college. The principal and teachers closely monitor the success of each student. The math/science programs are excellent. The students are respectful. The dress code is excellent compared to other high schools in this area. All schools have problems with drugs and bullying. Kamiakin has fewer incidents. The only problem I have is the school sits in an undesirable neighborhood. I give this school 8 out of 10.

Kamiakin High School 2

Posted February 02, 2014
You are going to find good and bad in every school. Kamaikin is no different. On the positive side there are some very good and caring teachers, academics - pretty strong. Negative side, possibly because of the schools location there are some dangerous elements and temptations present. I feel that there is a blind eye turned towards many of these issues with too little effort to rid the school of these problems. As always be involved with your kids and watch who they hang around. If I had to do it all over again would I have sent my kids here? I am sorry but probably not.

Kamiakin High School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school! Excellent programs and caring teachers. The sports could be a little less political in cutting players especially in basketball!

Posted August 22, 2013
Teachers are great! Love the variety of programs. Sports is good just tough to get playing time for all my efforts. I feel safe at school. Great music program.

Posted June 08, 2010
Kamiakin is an excellent high school. Definitely the best high school in the Tri-Cities. The kids do not get lost in the shuffle.

Posted October 14, 2009
It has been an amazing school that cares about academics and students personally1

Posted April 06, 2009

Kamiakin High School 1

Posted March 20, 2009

Kamiakin High School 1

Posted March 03, 2009

Kamiakin High School
600 North Arthur St, Kennewick, WA  99336
Last modified Kamiakin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kamiakin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top