Kent, WA

Posted November 09, 2014
I have two kids in this school. one love to go school he have a excellent teacher . My second child he just don't wants to go. I have spoken to principal about it but he did not help, he moved to different school and did not help with what i ask. So tired of talking to people that don't do anything to help .I need to move my child to different school. It seems like they won't do anything now

Posted June 24, 2013
I was a student at Kent Elementary for three years, and I loathed it. Those were the worst years of my school life. I make friends very easily, but I had hardly any while at KE, I felt ostracized, and I was harassed frequently by other students. When I went with my parents to the Principal and Vice Principal to resolve my issue; they told me I wasn't being harassed. I hope a parent will read this so that perhaps, their child doesn't have to experience the misery I went through and then was told didn't happen.

Posted July 21, 2012
TEACHER DO NOT SPEND TIME WITH CHILDREN THAT NEED HELP!!!!!! There is no help for the forgotten child in this school. Generic substandard responses on report cards. Little or no focus on getting students better in any aspect of education! I understand in talking to parents about the highlights on the report card... but there is more to it than that. Coming up with monthly, weekly and or daily SMART goal is a key part to all students success. After repeated attempts to ask for help go unanswered. I'm not saying to stop you focus on the students that are doing well, be we need an action plan on those that are weaker in certain areas. I cannot do this alone I have already have my child enrolled tutoring. I challenge all teachers in this school start the ball rolling. You are all failing the future of the Kent school district.

Posted February 18, 2009

Posted September 30, 2007

Kent Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2007
I love Kent Elementary and so does my daughter. She has been going there for three years now. The teachers, or should I say the whole staff has been absolutely wonderful. Would hate to have to move just because I want to keep her in this school.

Kent Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2007
I absolutely love Kent Elementary. The administration is wonderful as are the teachers. They really care about the well-being of your child. Test scores may seem low as it is a Title One School and has a lot of lower income and families moving in and out. But don't let that fool you. The school itself is great. The principle is wonderful. She is really organized and on the ball.

Posted February 21, 2006
Very very happy with the special education program. The teacher(s) are wonderful and very easy to work with. They are very good at keeping us informed. My child has made great strides since being in the preschool program.

Posted May 02, 2005
Awesome school, great teachers and support staff, parents are always encouraged to be part of the learning process. My kids love it!

Posted April 13, 2005
The curriculum is lacking in enrichment for students above average. Many teachers are inexperienced and unable to relate to their corresponding students. While parental involvement is supposedly encouraged when parents request an audience with a teacher/administrator regarding ones own student and the manner in which they are treated by the staff the incident is dismissed without resolution.

Kent Elementary School
24700 64th Ave South, Kent, WA  98032
Last modified Kent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kent Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top