Posted June 10, 2014
Since the new Principal and Dean have come on board this year the school has been running in tip top shape. You can tell that there was a large problem in previous years and it apparently stemmed from the top down. I have been nothing but happy with the new changes that both the Principal and Dean have put into affect. They truly care to make a change - and for the better! I'm sad that one of my kids is leaving after this year for middle school; however I feel she has been properly prepared for what is ahead. I have absolutely loved all the teachers my children have had throughout the years. They have all gone above and beyond and some have become like family to us!!!! I feel blessed to have my kids attending this school.

Posted June 13, 2013
My son is a kindergartener and we have had several problems with the current principal. It seams like the teachers only notice when son misbehaves but when it comes up to my son letting then know what other students do stuff to him, his problems aren't important. I've hd my son come home with scratches on his face and no note from nurse. My son has told me several times that when he tries to let the staff know about his problems he is told, "only tell us big problems, not small problems." He has also been called a "snitch" when he tells them he will tell his parents. I made the principal be aware of this but she didn't make me feel any better. All I got was that the staff would NEVER use such language...

Posted June 08, 2013
Star Lake is a wonderful school; the teachers and staff are excellent and committed to the children. The mixed age classrooms have been a wonderful match for my child. The dean and principal have always been available and willing to listen to my concerns.

Posted December 06, 2012
Star Lake has an amazing staff. Teachers are friendly and highly dedicated to helping all students become successful. Some of the teachers are the best I have ever seen. Office staff and playground supervisors do an amazing job of including students in helping the school run smoothly and feel like they matter every day. I highly recommend this school if you want your child to be taught by the best. Students are well cared for and are a part of a family!

Posted September 22, 2012
The administration at this school has been a nightmare to work with and many of the support staff have horrible attitudes towards their jobs including a recess supervisor who bullies children through physical and verbal intimidation. Despite my evidence of this, the principal consistently defended this individual and ignored my numerous documented concerns. I have never worked with a more arrogant and self-righteous principal. I speak as a foster/adoptive parent and someone who cares deeply about our communities most vulnerable children. I plead with you that If you have special needs children/children with behavior problems, PLEASE avoid this school. The only redeeming quality of this school are that some of the teachers are stellar and care about the children in their care. However, this was not enough and for the safety of my children, we had to finally leave this school. We are now at a new school and the difference is night and day. Bottom line, if you have high achieving and perfectly conforming child, you will probaly not despise this school, but if your child has any behavior problems and you have to advocate for your child, you will experience nothing but problems.

Posted September 16, 2011
not so good...the principal has repeatedly treated me like a child. she even repeated something I said about a teacher to him! the truely sad thing is she only had half the story to pass on as i was stopped in the middle of expressing my thought, when she insisted that I not talk about my concerns in front of my son. Then she quick runs and tells the teacher what I said, even though she did not yet have the full story! I found out what she had done when my son and I stopped to talk to his teacher about something else entirely and there she was, and there he was all offended! Am I crazy? this just doesn't seem right to me!

Posted February 04, 2011
Star Lake won performance-based awards both this year and last. There are some amazing teachers and staff at this school, and an excellent principal who is very attentive and responsive to the needs of students and families. There's also a strong sense of community which is fostered through several evening events for students and families. We're a family who is highly concerned about education, and we're very pleased.

Star Lake Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2009
Great school great teachers but, this year new principal and I don't feel she has good communication with the parents at all. Not like last years principal.

Star Lake Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2009

Star Lake Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2008

Star Lake Elementary School
4014 South 270th, Kent, WA  98031
Last modified Star Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Star Lake Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top