Kent, WA

East Hill Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2014
My child has attended for one year. I had very low expectations for this school but was pleasantly surprised at the work they put in to meet or exceed the state standard for reading and math. My 5 year old was reading within a month. They teach good mannerisms and have tons of incentives for the children which keeps them striving to learn and to be good to their classmates. I do have to say that sometimes the commication between staff and parents is lacking at times and it's highly annoying but I know my child is striving and is safe.

East Hill Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2013
It has been a year that my child has attended this school. She left a school in a "better neighborhood" because of bullying issues that were not dealt with at her prior school. I could not be happier with her education. She has many friends and super caring teachers. She loves going to school and being part of the school choir and after school soccer program. Although the school has a highly transient population which means she has classmates who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, this has not affected her academics. In fact because she loves school her academics have improved. She even scored in the exceeds standards range for standardized state testing. Moving her to East Hill was the best move we could make. It is an amazing place of learning.

East Hill Elementary School 1

Posted February 03, 2011
This has to be one of the worst schools I have ever seen. It needs to be torned down. My children started there and within 3 months I removed them. The teachers just seem to not care to me. My children were in 2nd and 3rd and they HATED IT.

East Hill Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2009

East Hill Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2007
I have 2 kids who go to East Hill in grades 3 and 6. The 6th grade teacher is excellent. There is a lot of diversity here, which is great culturally, but puts a lot of pressure on the teachers in terms of planning and classroom management. This translates to lower classroom expectations and teaching standards in my opinion. The test scores are abysmal here, among the lowest in the state. On the upside, I think the staff are generally helpful, especially the principal. Unfortunately, this is not enough.

East Hill Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2004

East Hill Elementary School
9825 South 240th, Kent, WA  98031
Last modified East Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Hill Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top