Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter was threatened by a child at school that he would come to her house and physically assault her. The school only notified me there was "an incident". I approached staff the next day and was informed of a safety plan for my daughter...that was immediately broken the exact same day at the same time that the child physically assaulted another child right next to my daughter witnessed by myself and other parents....who seemed to not care. Not only is it no safe at this school but many of the parents don't care about their child's education, their behavior, or their safety. I had to read one of the staff their own policy on threats of violence. Will be finding my daughter a better school along with an attorney.

It has been a year that my child has attended this school. She left a school in a "better neighborhood" because of bullying issues that were not dealt with at her prior school. I could not be happier with her education. She has many friends and super caring teachers. She loves going to school and being part of the school choir and after school soccer program. Although the school has a highly transient population which means she has classmates who come from disadvantaged backgrounds, this has not affected her academics. In fact because she loves school her academics have improved. She even scored in the exceeds standards range for standardized state testing. Moving her to East Hill was the best move we could make. It is an amazing place of learning.

This has to be one of the worst schools I have ever seen. It needs to be torned down. My children started there and within 3 months I removed them. The teachers just seem to not care to me. My children were in 2nd and 3rd and they HATED IT.

I have 2 kids who go to East Hill in grades 3 and 6. The 6th grade teacher is excellent. There is a lot of diversity here, which is great culturally, but puts a lot of pressure on the teachers in terms of planning and classroom management. This translates to lower classroom expectations and teaching standards in my opinion. The test scores are abysmal here, among the lowest in the state. On the upside, I think the staff are generally helpful, especially the principal. Unfortunately, this is not enough.

Last modified East Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.