Bad
Good

Posted May 14, 2013
My son is a 9th grader. the Honors program is amazing and challenging. The teachers in that program are there to teach at a high level. He is also a basketball player. The sports programs are strong and the drama and dance teams are strong too. It is still important to be involved as a parent. Its a large school so take the time to get to know the teachers, counselors, and principal. Go to parent night. Don't just rely on your student to get things handled, they are teenagers :)

Kentridge High School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
I have been affiliated with KR for several years now, and have recently become a freshman. I like the comfortable atmosphere of the school, and yet it sometimes feels a little bit to comfortable. I like all of the teachers, but i think that the majority of students, unfortunately, do not apply themselves at all. I feel that the administrators always brag about how great KR is, when I can't really understand what they're saying. I still give KR 4 stars because I feel like the teachers make it a great school, and the sports programs are up to par with the academic opportunities.

Posted September 30, 2012
I am currently a student in Kentridge High School. I recently moved from Seattle to Kent so it was scary to make new friends. But this school is very diverse (I'm Vietnamese American) so I was able to make friends quickly. I also have a hearing disablity so the teachers were kind enough to check if I get the information properly. Not to mention this school is 33 in the state so you guys should go to this school.

Posted August 28, 2012
i am a student a kentridge and i gotta say, its probably the worst school ive been to. First the counselors, they never help you with anything, its like why are you even working here if you cant help a student out, they always say they have more stuff to do then to listen to what students have to say. Making friends is the worst too. They all got there own little groups and will never except a new student. I hope to get into running start so i wont have to see them anymore. Drug use is a Huge problem here to. i was the only one out of 25 students in a class that didnt smoke. seriosly i hate this school, if your not involved in anything then, well nobody is gonna like you. I still thank God for always being there for me, cause nobody else will. I recommend a different school for sure. just cause it looks nice doesnt mean it is.

Posted June 17, 2012
I 'd have to rate this school as terrible mainly based on the counselors. My daughter , who lived iwth her mother nearby, attended this school for 3 of te 4 years and they were just not there for her. I personally met with one of them during her sophomore year to ask him to be available for my daugter if she came to see him because there was a risk of issues with her moters boyfriend and he told me to my face that he didn't have time to "pay too much attention" to one kid because he had 3000 oter kids to worry about.. The situation I was concerned about materialized a year later and it ruined the rest of my daughters high school experience.. There are 2 or 3 other examples I could share but I think this one should be enough. Parents, be real careful about sending your children here.

Kentridge High School 2

Posted January 30, 2012
My son goes here and has a learning disability. Since starting here last year he is failing every class. At Kentwood the year before he was on his way to excelling and improving. He was passing all classes with good marks. Whatever they are doing here does not work. There is a lack of communication. I emailed one of his teachers twice and never got a response. Things discussed in meetings with teachers never take place. Hard to watch your child struggle and everything you do to help goes nowhere. I also agree with another student poster about a drug problem there. My other child sees frequent comments on Facebook from other students regarding drugs and also hears things at the school.

Kentridge High School 3

Posted June 01, 2011
I am a student at this school currently and I do not like it at all. There is definitely a drug problem here, and in the past semester we've had 2 trashcans set on fire. I don't feel especially safe here. Few of the teachers care about student success or are willing to work with them so that they can do better. Many of the teachers, especially those teaching science and math are not competent and grading policies differ greatly. Also, most people here are liberal. I am very conservative, and I feel like I can't express my views and thoughts here without experiencing discrimination.

Posted January 25, 2010
poor communication between parent and teachers. Parent involvement is minimal. Teachers are using material inappropriate for high school students.

Kentridge High School

Posted July 10, 2008
am in kentridge now when i was looking at the class list i was blown away by all the class choices there were. also i looked and this school is rated the number one school in the state. the spirt is awsome there sports are the best and as for acedemics no other school can top us.

Posted April 09, 2008
Great school that offers a wide variety of course work and activities.

Kentridge High School
12430 Se 208th St, Kent, WA  98031
Last modified Kentridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.