Kent, WA

Meridian Elementary School 5

Posted November 01, 2013
Great school. Everyone has been helpful in helping my son adjust to this new experience. They watch out for him, call with concerns or to just let me know what is going on. His first grade teacher is amazing. I hope the next 5 years are just as great!

Posted August 19, 2012
Wow, I am very surprised by the mediocre ratings. My daughter has thrived at Meridian. She is reading 2 grade levels ahead and has received nothing but praise and encouragement. We love the kinder. first and second grade teachers. The school loops when you move out of kinder. So, your student has the same teacher for 2 years, unless you ask to change. It's great. It allows the teacher and student to just get on with the academics. The teachers are well educated and use a variety of mediums to engage the children. I am very pleased and would remove my child, if I wasn't.

Meridian Elementary School

Posted March 14, 2009
I have a son and daughter at Meridian and they both love it! One had the advantage of 'looping' with her teacher from first to second grade. This has been fantastic for her, academically she is working way above second grade level. My son also has an exceptional teacher. All teachers including PE teach to standards with passion and skill. The community is great, the office staff excellent...the principal--well he is great at hiring people who make him look good!

Meridian Elementary School 5

Posted October 31, 2008
My son and daughter have been students here for 3 years & absolutely love it. Teachers at this school make sure that students learn & progress at their own level & incorporate more that just book-learning & WASL prep. The PTSA is amazing with high parent involvement in promoting fun & educational opportunities throughout the year. There are after-school clubs, an art docent program, Cougar pack meetings where students get to interact with the principal and an awesome staff. Teacher communication is absolutely great, especially through email. The principal is a compassionate leader & has bimonthly meetings that any parent can attend to express their opinions. My children are high achievers & their teachers give them appropriate work to keep them excited about learning. Other parents and I have always had positive experiences with the teachers, principal and staff at Meridian Elementary.

Meridian Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2006
I'm really not impressed with the school, so disappointed in fact, that we are looking for another school to put our son in. The lack of responding to telephone call ins, teacher communication is just not there. The principal has no backbone and ho-hums around any complaint and or concern. But I can say I have run into every time friendly, helpful people at the front desk.

Meridian Elementary School 2

Posted April 18, 2006
My daughter transferred to Meridian Elementary School right after the semester began after we moved from East coast, but she could not get into the gifted program no matter how good she is. The school and district do not provide any help for the kids who missed their deadline of application for gifted program. Boring in the classroom, my daughter asked me to find a better school for her. So I transferred my daughter to a private school and am gladded she's doing very well there.

Posted September 13, 2005
Overall, the school seems to attuned to the needs of the students and teachers. In some grades the teachers are working as a more cohesive team than in others. To date we have seen that the third teachers seem to work more independently from each other than in other grades. This may hurt the students entering the fourth grade when certain skills are needed the WASL. Some students are behind and must catch during the first part of the school year. Music, art and sports are offered. There is also afterschool clubs that meet throughout the year. Parent involvement is very high at this school.

Posted March 10, 2004
After school clubs occasionally taught by parents, of whom volunteer continually, making this school fun to help at. I enjoy being called to step in. Of course you have to join the PTA!

Meridian Elementary School
25621 140th SE, Kent, WA  98042
Last modified Meridian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top