George T. Daniel Elementary School 1

Posted October 17, 2012
My husband and I both volunteer at this school on a regular basis. The more we are there, the more we dislike the school atmosphere. The way the staff talk and interact with the kids is borderline inappropiate and degrading. They care more about writing a kid up for bad behavior then taking the time to find out what is causing the behavior in the first place. There is not enough supervision at recess, my husband volunteered and was the only adult on the playground. The school forgot to send anyone out to supervise the first graders!!! I was there a couple weeks ago during lunch and one of the lunch supervisors started yelling at the kids to be quiet with a red face like a drill sargent and this was the military. The kids were not even being loud just normal talking volume. Then she made them all put their foreheads on the table and sit quietly, next thing you know she was telling them to clean up and throw their lunches in the garbage so they didn't even get to finish eating. She wasted all of their lunch time by being a drill sargent and then had the gall to repremind them for being bad??? Can't wait to get my child out of this school and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Posted March 08, 2011
I am a former employee of the Kent school District, having worked at Daniel Elementary, I know that the leadership , and staff are committed to excellence. Next year my daughter will be in kindergarten and i will submit a request for her to go to Daniel as we are in a different school's boundaries. I know the principal and staff well, and I have confidence in their abilities and dedication to student success.

George T. Daniel Elementary School 5

Posted September 25, 2008

George T. Daniel Elementary School 5

Posted September 28, 2007

Posted February 02, 2007
I think that Daniel Elementary is a great school. I am pleased that my child has the opportunity to learn in a melting pot of cultures. Daniel also offers great exposure to music, art and other extracurricular activities. The teachers in this school are very caring and from the individual attention my child has received from her teachers I am confident that the teachers in this school have the children's futures in mind. WASL preparations are a high priority, which I appreciate. Parent involvement at Daniel could be more, but I take that as a strike against parents, not the school.

Posted August 22, 2005
Daniel Elementary is a great school! the staff is caring and helpful and my kids did well here. I also met with their family advocate who was able to assist me with many needs.. including school supplies for my children and information about other assistance in the community. for the new kids there is also the welcome room and my kids felt great about the school and their new teachers by the time they were put into a class. I will stay in the Daniel area as long as my kids attend elementary school.

George T. Daniel Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2005
Too many non english speaking students so my kids were kind of pushed to the back. When asking for supplies we had to give 2 to 3 times as much for those that didn't want to bring any. And parent invovlment, ya right. The teachers were great. They did what they could. My kids said they liked them. But I moved becouse of this school.

George T. Daniel Elementary School
11310 SE 248th St, Kent, WA  98030
Last modified George T. Daniel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George T. Daniel Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top