Kent, WA

Posted November 25, 2014
This school is a poor quality school and I do not recommend it. I went here for two years and I was so tired of it. There are some good staff members, but overall not great. Teachers do not pay attention to individual needs. If you have an advanced child (like I was), you don't immediately get the more challenging work that you need. For the first few weeks, you have to just get through things you already know. However, if you are behind, you get all the attention in the world. The food is not fresh, or thoroughly cooked. In conclusion, I would not send my child here.

Posted November 18, 2011
This school was good up untill our son's 6th grade year, and that was a nightmear, along with some other boys in our sons class. The principle that was there did nothing, she looked the other way. There are many other parents that feel the same way. There are some good teachers at this school, just don't get the wrong one like our son did, even though we sent in a request timely asking that he not have this teacher. This teacher wrecked his 6th grade year, along with some other boys. The principle did not do her job, she has since left and there is a new principle. It's sad what happened to our son and a couple other boys in his classroom on purpose. Talk to your kids every night, if they are not eating their lunches, or not wanting to go to school, or they are getting sick allot, might be more going on than you know, like in our sons case. You can't talk to your children enough, we never, knew the horrible things that our son and a couple other boys had to go through at this school in their 6th grade year, the year that the most looked foward to!!!

Meadow Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted February 23, 2011
My child just started kindergarten this year and I admit that I was so worried about what kind of teacher she would have. Turns out we couldnt have been luckier. The teacher she got is INCREDIBLE. My little girl is SO very excited to go to school every single day. She has learned so very much and in such a liitle amount of time. I am forever thankful to my daughters teacher and the entire staff, vice principal and principal for making this first year of school such a wonderful and educational experience and for making this year so fulfilling!

Meadow Ridge Elementary School

Posted October 09, 2010
It is a special school that meets the needs of everyone attending with the different learning styles and languages...

Meadow Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2010
The staff at Meadow Ridge cares deeply for the education of our children. They work very hard to ensure that every student has the most positive experience that they can.

Posted August 27, 2007
Our kids have been in three elementary schools now. In their first school, they exceeded the 'norm' and were very excited to go to school everyday. We moved to the Meadow Ridge area and our kids hated every minute. They reported that there was little teaching going on due to all the discipline problems, the rather constant playground fights, bullying and gang type activity. We moved away to a different school district and once again our kids are engaged, excited and doing well. I doubt there is much the Principal can do to resolve this School's problems, we tried while we were there, got involved, witnessed the playground issues, saw how few kids had any respect for each other or the teachers. Principals cannot resolve these issues, it is the parent's responsibility. Worth moving away, but we miss Mr. Duckett (Teacher)!!!

Posted March 21, 2007
I have to agree with all the parents that are opposed to Meadow Ridge. My child came from a different school district where she was excelling in some studies. Math is not her strong point and and that is the only thing that I agree with her teacher on. Meadow Ridge and it's teacher's offer no outside help like other districts. My child is depressed everyday she comes home b/c she doesn't feel that she is learning anything and the teacher's time is spent with ESL students and kids with behavioral problems. Children with no issues are the ones 'Left behind'. If your child doesn't have an IEP or 504 you are left out on your own to find other means to educate you child properly. We need to uneducate some of our kids to re-educate them from the ways they have been thought by uneducated teachers.

Meadow Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2006
My son has been a student at Meadow Ridge Elementary for 6 years. From the first day I walked into Meadow Ridge, I have felt that the teachers sincerely care about the students. It is unfortunate to hear the negative comments from some parents regarding Meadow Ridge. In my opinion, if you and your child have not had a good experience at this school, then perhaps you have not been actively involved. Angela Burks

Posted August 10, 2006
We enrolled two boys into this school for approximately 5 years before moving. One boy started kindergarden and left at the end of 4th grade, the other started in first and left at end of 5th grade. I would not recommend this school, try to get your children into Pinetree instead. The poor performance was a major reason for our move out of this school district. Although we are impressed by the Principal, many of the teachers are ineffective as they do not have the ability or resources to deal with the student body. The student body and their parents are a major problem with this school as the kids are very undisciplined and out of control. Most of the kids are way behind in their social skills, their ability to pay attention for more than thirty seconds and their ability to deal with conflict.

Meadow Ridge Elementary School 5

Posted June 19, 2006
Excellent Preschool program. Ms Bielified is amazing. Program is excellent for all children!!!

Meadow Ridge Elementary School
27710 108th Ave SE, Kent, WA  98030
Last modified Meadow Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Ridge Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top