Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework isn't the issue the rude lady at the front office is the issue

There's one mean lady in the office. She said the sign in my kid when my kid was on time which was just at the first Bell when we were just trying to get her water bottle she was very rude and disrespectful

Martin Sortun is a great school. Mr. Kroll, the Principal, and the teachers are very involved with the students. My grandchildren are attending this school and the primary reason for purchasing their home was to keep the children in this school. My son attended this school as a child and loved it, and my grandchildren love it, too! This fantastic school makes homes in the boundaries go quickly (I am a REALTOR, so I know)!

Since my daughter has started at Martin Sortun she grown leaps and bounds! The teachers she has had have been so amazing and I'm so happy she is able to be there! Now we also have a daughter in Kindergarten and it's so wonderful to know she is learning so much! My oldest daughter came from a school with LOTS of bullying she didn't even want to go to school but we have not had any issues since moving to Martin Sortun!

My son's 1st. year, They claim No tolerance for bullying, he's being bullied and when he speaks up he's labeled a" snitch". There's LACK OF CONTROL! it's so ridiculous having breakfast at 9:15 am and lunch is at 11:20. There are so many low income kids whose parent's don't care about their child's hygiene and clean clothes (It looks like a 3rd world country). I'm worried about getting lice and bed bugs! Won't finish the year!!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I can only comment on one 1, this is the first year here she's a good teacher

Develops character: Neutral

I'm unsure how the problem is going to be handled. I will change afterwards. Good day

The principal, teachers and staff at this school are amazing. My sons are both on the Autism Spectrum, but are very high functioning, so it can be sometimes hard to meet them where they are at when they are ahead in some areas and behind in others. The teachers work SO hard for the kids and everyone at the school truly cares about the students. I am not a huge fan of the special ed teacher, but thankfully my kids are mainstreamed. Last year, my son got to join the Robotics team and go to an actual competition, and go to 5th grade camp for 3 days! It is an amazing school. We have considered moving, but are only considering houses in this school's boundaries. The thing is that very few open up because the demand for this school is so high!

great school! Great teachers that help push you out of your comfort zone to succeed and meet your goals! Extra circular groups that also help keep you on your toes and focused! They also reward you for completing goals!! That will help mold you for middle school so that you're succeeding!!!

My son goes to this school and he loves it. The teachers and administrative staff are highly capable and good at getting results. Before putting too much weight behind the previous 2 reviews take a second to review how their test scores compare to other schools in the Kent district. Then look at how they stack up against other schools in the state. The proof is in the pudding. Schools aren't solely responsible for churning out smart and compassionate kids. Parents/families have to take an active role in their students education.

Last modified Martin Sortun Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.