Horizon Elementary School 5

Posted June 21, 2011
My son will be entering his 3rd year at Horizon and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the experience so far. The teachers have been great, and my son has advanced beyond my expectations.

Posted June 09, 2011
My daughter is in 3rd grade and has attended Horizon since kindergarten. She has always had teachers who cared about her academic and personal growth. Many of my friends have boys and I have never heard any complaints. In this day and age you have to be an active participant in your childs education at school and at home. Horizon is a great school!

Posted August 08, 2010
can't rate. "Looking for answers" Yikes,, after reading the last several comments I am very concerned. I heard good things about Horizon from our neighborhood so we pulled our son out from RCS to attend a school much closer to home however they all have girls and i have a boy. Can you please let me know which teachers are trouble w/boys. Son going into 1st grade

Posted April 02, 2010
Ditto to the last comment. That's why we pulled our kids out of that school. Same things we were unhappy with. We know several families that have had trouble there, especially with their sons. I also recommend finding a different school. What is wrong with the staff there?

Posted April 02, 2010
Horizon is an awful school. There isn't much good about it. Most of the teachers have no patience at all with children. My son is in the third grade, very bright but reads worse than he did in kindergarten. The teachers don't seem to like boys at all. I've seen women teachers humilate them, and several people have told me they've seen it also.over the slightest things. They are diverse to the detriment of the other children, who get ignored. They don't teach cursive writing or decent math. Don't let your children go there if at all possible.

Posted May 10, 2009
We have 2 students at Horizon Elementary and really enjoy the community experience and overall teacher experience. The principal is in her 2nd year and has made terrific teacher selections, enhanced the music program and very supportive of parent/volunteer involvement. The teachers at each grade level work very well together to provide a consistent experience to prepare for next grade level. The Art Docent program is terrific! I appreciate the diverse environment and what an inclusive atmosphere the staff creates.

Posted March 24, 2009
I would like to agree with what is written below. The school admin has slowly withdrawn some over the years. I also have to agree that if your child doesnt need any extra help he/she should do well. The programs offered are for ell and they don't cater to any middle ground. There are about 8 other families in our neighborhood alone that have pulled their children out of this school over the past 5 years and I have to agree that they made a good choice.

Horizon Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2008
My son is in 3rd grade and has been at Horizon for 3 years now. I have been increasingly disappointed with the communication methods between school and home, as well as the quality of instruction he has been getting. I would suggest to any parent looking to bring their child here, to proceed with caution and do any necessary research first. We will be removing our child from the school.

Horizon Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2008
Our 6th grader has attended Horizon since kindergarten. The school has consistently deteriorated over the years to the point that children that are not in a special program are left by the wayside. I would strongly encourage any parent considering a move into this school service area to take a hard look at the statistics before deciding to subject your child to a sub-par learning experience.

Posted April 15, 2006

Horizon Elementary School
26741 144th Ave SE, Kent, WA  98042
Last modified Horizon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top