K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Ursino and Mrs. Campanello were highly effective and I will always be greatful for the attention that they gave my child.

Amount of homework: no rating

My student has attended for several years and while I felt that the homework was appropriate in most grades, I did feel that the math homework in 8th grade was tedious and did not inspire a love of math.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I felt that my son was treated with honesty and integrity and I appreciated the honest feedback about my son's academics

My son came in low in one subject and high in another to the 6th grade. I appreciated that the teacher took the time to treat my son as an individual and to work to bring him up grade level in his low subject and challenge him in his high subject. Cary Ursino is a kind and considerate teacher and I will be forever thankful! The next year my son had a wonderful teacher in 7th grade too. He always came home excited about what he was learning in class. I also appreciated Dawn Campanello's kindness and sense of humor!

One of my boys who just turned 6 (1st grade) attended this school for one year. The overall school activities, curriculum, and quality were okay but the quality of the teacher was not adequate. She was secular minded, (not Christian minded), insensitive to minorities, not caring for the needs of children, lacking professionalism, failed to communicate with parents, and let the gossip go around. The principal got involved and the teacher had to apologize. My boy was not at fault. (no details here/so horrible accusation...unbelievable/it was made bigger than waht it was and it was all misunderstanding from the teacher's perspectives). But the incident hurt the feelings of many people involved and it's irreversible. I have a younger son who's ready for kindergarten. No way will I ever enroll him here! This teacher should go through some FERPA training and counseling.

We have two daughters that have attended this school. Our youngest daughter is completing 8th grade there this year. She has a very good teacher, small class size and many opportunities. She has learned clarinet, plays in the band, plays basketball, and has the opportunity for many other activities. They have worship each day, and do outreach activities to help them focus on others. And for quality of education, my daughters do very well on standardized learning tests such as SAT and Iowa Basic. One scored in the 99th percentile, (top 1% of all students) and the other is above 75th percentile (top 25% of all students) for her grade level. Let me say the school is not perfect, but they have a caring staff, and plenty of extra help if a students need it. It is very culturally diverse with many nationalities represented.

I have two children who attend Kirkland SDA School. They are getting a well-rounded education as well as learning to play in a band, go on interesting field trips, play soccer, volleyball and basketball, and have good friends. Private school is an investment - I feel this school is a good value.

My 3 children attended KSDA this last year. They all had friends and liked their teachers. It does offer hot lunches, programs 2x yr, band, PE specialist, and piano. I had a few concerns about safety but both parties involved are leaving this year. Academics are fairly good, Bible instruction better. The cost is very low for the area and classroom ratio is very low. Kindergarten had 11 kids, First grade 14, and Second grade 17. As a teacher at another school I can point out flaws more than most, but I'm trying to be fair. Weekly communication comes home from teacher with pictures. Got to love that! The Spring program was adorable! Parents are not required to put in hours like most Christian schools but are asked occasionally to help. Overall a good school, but not perfect.

Last modified Kirkland Seventh-Day Adventist School is a Private school that serves grades K-8