Bad
Good

Best time you could have in middle school- hands down. As an alumn I can say that if I could go back there is not one thing I would change, except maybe trying a little harder to get straight A's! The teachers here actually care for the well-being of their students, and spending your whole time with the same 5 teachers allows them to really get to know you on a personal level. My absolute favorite part of the whole experience was the trips. Everyone go on the Healy trips! I went to the Florida Everglades and the Grand Canyon with my peers, parents and teachers and honestly these times were the best and I wish I could relive them. The memories your student will make here are unforgettable! I 100% recommend it to anyone wanting to challenge and help their child thrive in an educational setting.

Fantastic, passionate teaching at it's best. Need about 5 more of these schools in the area. Love the intense focus on outside of school learning. My daughter is thriving here!

This school gives too much homework IMO. I suppose this is necessary to make up for inadequate classroom time due to students having to take part in 3 week-long mandatory trips during the year, community service projects during school hours, and a 3-day health fair. Some of teacher staff is also rigid and scolding towards parents. Math curriculum is poor, but that's a district issue. At times it is difficult to keep track of what is being taught in science and Lang. Arts. My child does enjoy student life at this school.

OMG i love my school im soo excited to start 9th grade!!!

As an alumni, let me say, if you get a chance to go, Go! Nothing prepared me more for the 'real' world than my experiences at EAS. You learn far more than facts. Some of my best memories are camping with EAS--and I'd never camped before. I wouldn't change anything if I could do it again.

I'm a eight grader at EAS and it's a great school. I love it!

I'm an eight grader at EAS. I've had two amazing years here and I am looking forward to my ninth grade year but don't really want to leave this incredible experience. I know everything I have learned here will be with me forever.

My daughter attends EAS and could not have asked for anything better. The integrated curriculum is challenging, but wrapped around the environmetal and stewardship theme just adds to the fun.

Hello, I am alumni of E.A.S. and I have to say it's amazing! Once your child gets past the initial 'I go to an alternative school' fears they will find themselves learning more than they ever could in a regular junior high setting. What could be better than going camping to learn about the ecosystem? Sure beats reading a text book. Children who attend E.A.S. gain a real understanding of the curriculum through hands activities, much better than just rote memorization. Children learn critical team work skills, a deep understanding of their environment and a important sense of self. All in all I would say the knowledge that can be gained through E.A.S. is invaluable.

I am a 9th grader at The Environmental and Adventure School. It is an amazing school to attend. In 5th grade when I received the letter that had announced that I had got into E.A.S. I was not very happy, I was mad that I had got in because I would be leaving my old school and Friends and the only person that I knew at the school was my sister. But then I went to the school and made many friends and now I absolutely love the school. You get to know the teachers really well so if you are having troubles with something you can just go up to them and ask for help. If I did not decide to go to E.A.S. when I was in tah grade I would have missed out on a lot and would have a really struggled in high school

Last modified Environmental & Adventure School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.