5-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Funny how I've written an honest detailed review of the several years I was a student at this school and that review has disappeared off this website both times. (I would not recommend this school it is a place where wealthy kids with serious behavioral issues are fluffed up with fake accomplishments as long as their parents keep giving money). There is a seriously messed up atmosphere at EPS. There was a boy in my brother's grade who was so out of control (and touching girls inappropriately against their will) that his parents had to hire a grown adult to go to school with him every day to try and control him. If you child is smart and decent do them a favor and keep them away from this school. Also don't take the majority of these reviews to heart as I'm sure they'll get this one removed the same as the others and the glowing 5-star ones will remain.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I don't find all teachers to be engaging nor effective in conveying passion for their subject..

Develops character: Neutral

Many kids have been handed opportunities from the parents due to their socio-economic class. Some kids have a hard time when they have to put forth a growth mind set. I've seen questionable integrity on students' and parents' part.

My daughter attended ESP from fifth until eight grade and then transferred out as we did not find the academics challenging. Be cautious of their marketing materials filled with fancy sounding educational jargon. Have your child attend another school if you wish for AP/Honors caliber material. There is a reason ESP does not publish SAT scores.... Many students who did not get into top or second tier schools are here along with quirky learners from public middle schools. We did not find the school worth the price tag.

I am a current freshman at eps and this is my first year. I have never had such an amazing experience at school, honestly I've always hated it but here, I'm excited to come and learn everyday. One thing I was worried about coming into eps was homework, but we get 2 free periods a day, and I have found that if you manage your time well, homework load is not a problem at all, and for the first time ever I feel appropriately challenged. I would have to say one of my favorite things about eps is the amazing community, but then agian everything is my favorite thing about eps. Everyone has been so welcoming, teachers and students alike. I have made lifelong friendships and priceless bonds with teachers that will open up opportunities for me to further my education, and I've only been here 6 months! The class sizes are perfect, no bigger than 18, and teachers really get to know you, even if you haven't had them as a teacher yet! One of my favorite things about eps is EBC week (education beyond the classroom). There are so many options for all students, you can choose anythig from looking at seattles public arts, to filmmaking at eps for a week, to Washington, D.C., Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Thailand and Cambodia! The whole school goes to different places for a week, and I think that is a priceless experience, that is unique from any other. At eps, teachers are here for you to answer questions, and to challenge you appropriately. I can safely say that in my 6 months as a student here, I have grown more mature, confident in myself and my abilities, and more interested in the world around me. I wish that everyone could experience eps, although that would alter the small community we have today. I know that last year, the concept of interacting with upperclassmen would have terrified me, but now I have some very close relationships with juniors and seniors who have shared electives and after school sports with me. I think that if you have the oppertunity to apply to eps, you should, because and chance like that would only come around once and it's somethig you really shouldn't want to pass up.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The best thing about this school is the caliber and caring that we've experienced from the teachers. It makes such a huge difference. Having amazing teachers is the number one reason we are at this school.

Amount of homework: Agree

There are times that it feels to much but, I think for an institution with an academic reputation like EPS does, it has been very reasonable thus far.

Develops character: Strongly agree

There is an advisory period that provides time to deliver this type of programing which they do.

Coming to middle school from a public elementary...the ratio of student to teachers makes such an amazing difference. Smaller really is better. The quality of the teachers is amazing and their method of engaging students in their education is so valuable. The curriculum is sophisticated and much is expected of each student. Lots of support goes around these expectations. No one gets lost in the shuffle here. They really do "know" each child. The proactive engagement of the school and board of directors is something special. We've enjoyed the social activities for kids and adults alike as well as having our child participate in athletics. Very happy to be here.

Great school! Our son loves it! The teachers are wonderful. The school is giving him opportunities and encouragement that he was not given in his previous high school.

Last modified Eastside Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 5-12