Kirkland, WA

Posted September 02, 2014
Great school! Our son loves it! The teachers are wonderful. The school is giving him opportunities and encouragement that he was not given in his previous high school.

Posted March 18, 2014
What an amazing school community. I have multiple children and the school and they are all very different people and Eastside Prep is able to give each of them what they need to be successful. The key to the school is the individualized attention they are able to give each student and the culture of kindness that transforms this old office park into a magical place. I am thankful to have found such a great school for my children and encourage anyone to ask any staff member or parent about the place. The community Eastside prep has created makes this a truly awesome place.

Posted March 18, 2014
I wish my kids weren't graduating from EPS quite just yet! I have twin boys who transferred to EPS from a large public public high school at the start of their sophomore year. One son wanted to come to EPS and the other one not so much, but as parents we were disenchanted with the public school system's approach of one teaching style fits all learners and felt a change was necessary. From the onset of their first trimester all of us were impressed and delighted by the faculty's ability to access each of our sons individual learning styles and to meet them with instruction that they could best use to advance academically and personally. They both now have been accepted to impressive private colleges for next year and my only regret is that we did not find EPS sooner in their academic journey as their success and personal confidence has blossomed in this nurturing and academically challenging setting. They both recognize the many academic advantages they've been giving by being able to attend EPS.

Posted March 18, 2014
From a current student, Eastside Preparatory School is a fantastic school. It was nearly six years ago when I had moved to the Seattle Area and I had the opportunity to choose my, at the time, future middle and high school education out of a large variety of Seattle Independent Schools. I visited numerous schools and met with many students and staff; but when it came time for my initial decision, I knew that EPS was where I wanted to go. And I say happily today having spent the past six years there, I am well beyond satisfied I made that decision. EPS offers the student more than just a education. At EPS, you build true character. Beyond the traditional things you learn in subjects like History, Math, or Spanish - at EPS you also learn what really matters in life; how to be an individual, a collaborator, and a leader. The tough thing about being a current junior at Eastside Prep is that I am having to make decisions on where I am going to college. And it's tough because I know I am not going to find an environment as good as this. But I know one thing moving on; that I made the right decision six years ago, and I hope other interested families and students do to.

Posted March 18, 2014
I am a student here at EPS who started as a freshman and love it. I love how close knit of a community Eastside Prep is because you really get to know the people you go to school with. I also like how friendly everyone is, in just a few days it's hard to tell who is new and who is returning because everyone makes the new kids feel at home and welcomed. The staff members and teachers are also fantastic. All the teachers are super willing and even encourage meeting with them outside of class to get help if you are struggling, clarify and questions you have, go further into the subject if you need a challenge, or even just to hang out. All the staff members at Eastside Prep take the time to learn the names of everyone in the school. Plus the student teacher relationships are great. I can go to a teacher for almost anything, and they take time to get to know you on a personal level, many of the teachers even know things like who's dating who and things like that. Overall this is a great school that has something for everyone from the drama kids to the math lovers to the artistic ones, I would highly recommend coming here. I have enjoyed my time at EPS and I think you will as well.

Posted February 18, 2013
"We are committed to having your son walk on our stage for graduation. We will help you get him there!" These words were spoken to me by one of the faculty/staff members of Eastside Preparatory School, and this statement embodies what this school is all about: Commitment to the education of a child AND a respectful partnership with the parents. In addition to this, the quality of the educational experience for each grade level is beyond compare. The teaching faculty are highly skilled in their subjects, and they also have an uncanny way of connecting to the children they teach. They all garner respect from the kids through their infectious enthusiasm for the subject matter and their devotion to the school. This devotion is no doubt due to the extraordinary vision of the Head of School, Dr. Macaluso. She is sharp and is a true visionary in the field of education. We are very fortunate to have this caliber of a school in this area. My eighth grade son won't consider going anywhere else because he also sees himself graduating on EPS's stage--and thank goodness for that!!

Posted February 06, 2013
Eastside Prep is a remarkable school. The low teacher-student ratio and small class sizes ensure that teachers know their students well, understand their learning styles, and work closely with them to meet their needs. Students are encouraged to advocate for themselves, and teachers are available and willing to meet with students before, during or after school. Lines of communication are equally open for parents, and the head of school meets regularly with parents to listen and respond to any concerns. It is clear that faculty and staff feel genuine enthusiasm for the school. They love their jobs and love being there; no one is just going through the motions. It's great to know that my child is the hands of people who truly like and care about what they re doing. My eighth-grade son doesn t love school, but he loves his school. He d much prefer to spend his days playing video games. But as long as he has to go to school, he absolutely wants to go to EPS. He has no interest in looking at other schools for high school, and neither do his parents. Eastside Prep is the best and only school for us.

Posted July 19, 2011
As a student of EPS, I feel like I couldn't be at a better place. Before becoming a part of the school community I attended a well known private school in Seattle. The reason I left the school after three years was because this school has lost its traditional model and spark. Eastside Preparatory School shows its school model right when you enter the doors. All the faculty, staff, and students care and respect each other no matter everyone's differences. Not only is the school's environment excellent but, the classes are both academically intriguing but challenging (and use technology to the fullest). Recent graduates have gone to numerous fantastic liberal arts school and IVY league schools. Only a school with a little bit more than 200 students, it's a school like no other. I personally think that this school is the best in Washington state because no other would all supply you with the education, small and loving community, and environment that this school contains.

Posted March 25, 2011
A gem of a school tucked in between Kirkland and Bellevue, just off the freeway. I am impressed with the dedication of the teaching staff, the customization for individual students learning needs and styles, and the community support for creating a better world. They really live the mission of this place...based on my four years as a parent of a student there!

Posted March 05, 2011
I looked all over the nation for a school such as EPS. Not realizing this perfect school was in my own back yard. This school provides an environment that is scholastically challenging yet, unlike other college prep schools, devoid of high pressure and competition amongst the students. The student, parent, and faculty community are involved, supportive and kind. They are also good people desirous of making healthy choices. I would not consider any other school in the Puget Sound Region for my bright and healthy son. As a comparative, I would suggest this school is on equal footing to the Thacher School, a boarding school in Ojai, Ca. Nothing else compares!!

Eastside Preparatory School
10635 Northeast 38th Place, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Eastside Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Eastside Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top