Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2014
Overall a good school - but lot of variability. I write as a parent of a student who moving to middle school after 5 years here. 1) Some teachers are outstanding.e.g. 1st, 5th best of the best . 2) Wonderful premises, and parent involvement. 3) 4th grade is weakest. One of the two teachers is v. weak, uses control, unable to adopt to kids who learn differently from her narrow style . A few parents opted out of the school due to her, and numerous parental complaints. . 4) The weakest link is the "new" principal. Loves attention and popularity.. Her first time as a principal and shows. Her actions seem to be make herself look good, but is a poor leader. She seems to have done nothing re: 4th grade control teacher w/complaints; just re-organized and moved a well loved 1st grade teacher to kindergarten without any discussion with the teacher. The teacher is v. upset and moving to a different school in new school year (just a sample of challenges). This success of the school is largely due the culture and structure set by a past principal Mr. Anderson. I worry about the new leadership. My advise - seek mentoring from respected principals (perhaps even Mr. Anderson)..

Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2014
Once great school, with a lot of heart and soul! I wish the same could be said of the new building leadership. Emotionless and intimidating, she's in the process of dismantling all that once made this building so great. R.I.P., "old" A. G. Bell... You'll be sorely missed...

Posted March 04, 2014
We moved to the area from out of state and I was used to being in a choice district. When I found out we were assigned to AG Bell and reviewed the test scores I was very worried. But then I visited and was impressed with the warmth of the staff. Well, after being here for six months I can say this school has greatly surpassed every one of my expectations. The principal is amazing - very strong leader, cares about the kids, professional and the teaching staff is putting a lot into adapting to the common core. The best part of the school though is the student body. So diverse, from all walks of life and countries and it makes for a very rich experience for my child. Don't be swayed by test scores. I would rather have my child there and with the quality of administration/teachers/parents/kids than at the many local schools that have high test scores and major issues with bullying.

Posted December 06, 2013
This school is incredible! What a welcome relief from our previous school! The principal knows the kids by name and is seen everywhere on campus. The teachers are dedicated and really love the kids. They communicate openly with the parents and are so respectful towards them. My kids love going to school and really feel loved and accepted by their teachers! That is huge! I couldn't ask for more!

Posted September 21, 2012
My son is in this school since 2011 and I am really happy to be a part of this school. Teachers are really really great. Their feedback is so helpful. Even Principle is so friendly and open to discuss anything. Good Education flow. Lots of helpful activities for Science, Maths and English. I must say its one of the best school. I took my daugher's admission also in this school ( Preschool), but somehow it not starting this year and we decided to let her go next year but will start with this school only. I do not have enough words but in short this is great school indeed.

Posted September 09, 2012
Our oldest daughter has attended Bell for two years and we have been quite impressed with the dedication and care of the teachers at Bell. We came from a private school setting prior to Bell and were concerned with how our daughter would respond, but it has been a great success. While the teachers have played an integral role in this success, part of it can also be attributed to the smaller class sizes at Bell. Bell doesn't seem to have the 25-30 student class sizes, rather 20-25, ocassionally even fewer. With a new, long term oriented Principal starting this school year (2012), and the world class, state of the art building set to open in fall of 2013, AG Bell is a great place to be. We had heard that parent involvement at Bell was lacking, but can say the PTSA is quite strong with a high percentage of parents participating in membership and in programs. With the current PTSA leadership I would expect this to continue. Bell has a great future and we have been more than satisfied with the quality of teachers, leadership and curriculum.

Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2011
I was a student at A.G. Bell from Preschool to 5th grade. The former principal, Mr. Newport, was fantastic. He made the school great. When Three years ago, a new principal arrived. His name was Curtis Anderson. He could not solve 3 simple issues that my parents suggested should be solved. I loved this school, and I hope everyone else does too, but I suggest there be a new principal. :)

Posted June 03, 2010
We moved to WA from Canada and A.G.Bell was the first American school my daughter was going to attend. The principal and staff were outstanding, helpful and very knowledgeable. When I couldn't make it to the school to pick up some additional paperwork the principal was kind enough to drive to our place to not only drop them off, but explain why they needed to be signed and then waited as I signed them all. He then invited us in for a tour of the school during a time of our choosing! While my daughter only attended for the last two months, they were a great two months. Future schools she has attended haven't lived up to my expectations like A.G.Bell has. Thank you!

Posted March 14, 2009

Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2009

Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School
11212 NE 112th, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alelxander Graham Bell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top