Posted June 18, 2014
10-Star School. My daughter attended one year here and it's the first school where she felt she fit in (her words not mine). John Muir is not a school but a family. From the excellent principal Mr. DeGallier to the phenomenal Mrs. Piluras and the drama coach and the teachers & parents who put together the talent show. I could go on and on. Everyone shows up at this school & gives 110%. My daughter attended a different school in a neighboring area last year that was highly rated, and wealthy, but attitudes make the difference. Here, my girl joined all the groups & teams (I'm exhausted), has friends of all races, and opened up emotionally. If you have the opportunity, please send your child here. You won't regret the decision. And to Mrs. Piluras, we love you for taking care of our daughter. You're a credit to your profession. Goodness, almost forgot, my daughter's grades went up one level.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have an affinity toward John Muir Elementary school because it was the school I attended and I really loved my educators and principal. Putting aside my childhood experience and entering the school as a parent with specific expectations and unknown expectations, I am impressed with the teachers, community support and the principal. Our experienced Kindergarten teacher has mastered her teaching craft. She guides her 30 children through an entire learning experience by her consistency in keeping the children focused, organized, well mannered, creatively thinking, academically thinking, and playing. Although the class size is large, I am pleasantly surprised that para educators and family volunteers come in to help throughout the day and during specific learning periods. I have noticed many parents are enthusiastically involved with the school projects and fundraisers as well. The principal is present, pleasant and easy to talk with. I was more excited than my Kindergartner to start school and I'm glad I wasn't let down. It's important for me to feel comfortable and I feel right at home with the school.

Posted November 18, 2011
This is my daughters 2nd year here. We moved here from Seattle where she attended a private catholic school. I have been very impressed by the dedication and support of the staff. My daughters grades here are better then they have ever been! Thanks to help of her wonderful teacher her confidence is amazing! I am so thankful that my daughter has had the opportunity to attend this is school. It is great!

John Muir Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
The staff is very proavtive in helping kids in special needs emotionally and physically as well as neighborhoods that have special nee financially.

Posted August 12, 2009
This school has a very caring and supportive staff. The parents are involved in the PTA and want to do whatever they can to support and enrich the lives of its students. Don't be alarmed by the test scores there are quite a bit of ESL students so the scores are skewed by that fact. Great school!

John Muir Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2007
Great school. Friendly teachers,staff & students. Teachers & parents are very involved. Students learn to balance acadamic and life skills. Wish there is more extracurricular activities. Because of the diversity of the student body, students learn how to & adjust & value different cultures & believes.

Posted May 28, 2006
High quality academic (emphasis on writing) and extracurricular programs (chess, music, e.g.,). High level of parental involvement. Excellent availability of computers to all students. Student-teacher ratio at level where students have great attention from teachers. Clean school with friendly staff.

John Muir Elementary School
14012 132nd Ave NE, Kirkland, WA  98034
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top