Posted December 19, 2014
I can't say enough good things about this school. Every teacher and staff member that I have interacted with have been outstanding. I have a child who needs a lot of support, and he gets everything he needs, with compassion and kindness. The other children here are wonderful, it is just all around a caring, peaceful and engaging environment for kids, parents and staff.

Posted September 03, 2012
The level of support and kindness we have faced in all our interactions with Juanita Elementary staff is outstanding. The Secretary, the Office Manager, the Principal and everybody else with whom we have interacted during the enrollment process were always available and happy to help, which is very much appreciated, particularly for us that we were coming from Florida and were not familiar with the singular aspects of the Lake Washington School District.

Posted February 17, 2012
Our sons fourth grade teacher is outstanding. The "Electricity" musical she and the music teacher produced was brilliant, fun, and as entertaining to watch as it was for the 3/4th graders to perform. I especially appreciate the heart that went into this production. Our younger son's 1st grade teacher encourages initiative and a supportive team environment conducive to acquiring more than just book-smarts. The principal is top notch. A small example of how she makes is difference is the recent "principal for a day" reward she offered to the fastest runners in a jagathon fundraiser. There is a lot of diversity in the student body. Getting to see all the 3rd and 4th graders perform recently in the Electricity concert provided a chance to get to know them and I couldn't have been more impressed. Great bunch of kids.

Juanita Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted February 21, 2008

Posted April 05, 2007
Juanita El. teaches well toward the WASL. It's a great school for round-peg, average, sport-minded students. It also has a great ESL program. Support and opportunities are superior for this 'melting pot' school. However, it doesn't seem quite as good socially for older immigrant students. For those children with a little different 'shape' (square, rectangular, or other shaped pegs), Juanita is lacking. With a bit more parent involvement, perhaps this can be changed to make Juanita an all-around good school.

Posted April 09, 2006

Posted January 10, 2006

Posted March 22, 2005
Overall the school has improved a lot in grading. Quality of the teacher and the level of parents involvement had been improved in the past years.

Posted October 07, 2004
Juanita El. has been the best school for my child all around. They teach much more than academics, my daughter has learned to be a responsible citizen and a peacebuilder. I love when I see these attributes carry over to after school hours. Thank you.

Juanita Elementary School
9635 NE 132nd, Kirkland, WA  98034
Last modified Juanita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juanita Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top