Kirkland, WA

Posted August 19, 2014
I moved here my junior year from another area on the Eastside and my parents and I regret it every single day. The only reason I am giving this school a star is because the students are friendly, kind, welcoming and warm. They were a joy. The teachers on the other hand were cruel and picked on students including myself for no reason. I would like to think I am a well behaved, thoughtful and attentive child, yet most of my teachers humiliated and embarrassed me numerous times throughout the year. I was actually disgusted at how students were treated by teachers at this school. In a majority of my classes I learned next to nothing. The teacher would put on a movie and text on their phone while the students dozed off. It was absolutely ludicrous and such a disappointment. The staff is no better either. I attempted to make multiple appointments with my counselor during the course of the year and most of my requests were somehow ignored. I only had one appointment fulfilled the whole year in which the counselor seemed to not be able to answer any of my questions. All in all, my experience at this school was awful. If you have the opportunity to send your child elsewhere do it.

Posted August 18, 2014
Truly a great school. I'm not sure where the bad reviews are coming from because I have never experienced anything like that at Juanita. Almost all of the staff, with only a few exceptions, are amazing people. They are willing to take the time that students need and do their absolute best to create the highest quality learning environment. Yes the building isn't in the best shape but I guarantee there are schools out there that are significantly worse. Plus the school has kind of a charm about it that I feel would be lost in a complete remodel. If you hate Juanita then you're doing it wrong. Go Rebels

Posted August 10, 2014
Not sure where the people who are writing the negative reviews are coming from. Juanita High School is truly a special place. For the past 8 years, I've only heard good things about the students, teachers and administration. Students who have transferred from other LWSD schools say over and over again that Juanita's teachers not only challenge them rigorously in the classroom, but really show they care. Though bullying happens at every school, I seldom hear about it at Juanita HS. Instead, I hear about how inclusive the student population is of all kinds of students and how students try to include everyone in some part of the school whether it be a club, sport or activity. The teachers are amazing too. Some kids I know that graduated there are going to some of the finest colleges in the country. One even was so successful, she was able to turn down Harvard. Another student from 2012 ended up going there. If you want a great school with great teachers, there's no place like Juanita High School. I have to agree though, the place is falling apart. People please pass the next bond, even if you live on the east side. Thanks.

Posted March 05, 2014
Public now 9-12 not 10-12. Rough elements and social economic cliques associated with Kirkland neighborhood social elements.

Posted November 08, 2013
Poor Administration period. I would recommend you find an alternative before attending school at Juanita.

Posted September 30, 2013
I was a student here, but it was so bad I had to transfer to a different high school. The building is falling apart, and I got bullied in front of teachers who did nothing about it. You couldn't pay me enough to return to school here

Juanita High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Juanita High has something to offer everyone. The teachers offer a variety of ways for students to learn. They are are caring and supportive.

Posted May 06, 2009

Juanita High School 0

Posted November 02, 2008
Owesome school, they have dedicated stuff a great math department and they use a lot of technology to help the learning process. Overall it is a awesome school!

Posted October 03, 2007
Dedicated staff, diverse and accepting student body, and strong (but young) administrative team that is taking discipline and student safety more seriously than the former Principal. Any student can go to JHS and feel welcome. Lots of clubs and actvities to get involved in, and positive parent/student experiences.

Juanita High School
10601 NE 132nd, Kirkland, WA  98034
Last modified Juanita High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Juanita High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top