Kirkland, WA
Before care: Yes

Lakeview Elementary School 3

Posted May 06, 2014
This school is fine but, nothing special. Many families in the area choose private school if they can. Some excellent teachers but there is a lack of consistency. The bar is not set high.

Posted January 08, 2013
We have two children at Lakeview and we re very pleased. The staff and teachers are excellent and the education our children are receiving is second to none. Compared to others friends our children seem to have a little more homework than other children who attend other schools. However, I think that this is a good thing as it challenges the students and prepares them for higher learning. We are very pleased with Lakeview and would highly recommend it.

Posted October 20, 2011
We love our teacher, parents have the opportunity to contribute weekly, and the school facilities are just awesome. We could comfortably afford private school, but chose Lakeview Elementary instead. Highly recommend it.

Posted July 14, 2011
My son goes to this school. There is a strong sense of community from the parents and staff to help the kids at this school. The staff is very professional and friendly. Son likes it there. And I found his teacher to be amazing. Great school. They also have chess club, math club, ski club, lego club arts, sports ..... etc..

Posted October 05, 2010
We moved to Lakeview from a larger elementary school in the same district and we absolutely loved the change. Lakeview has nurturing and excellent teachers and an amazing parent involvement. A great effort is made in giving every child an opportunity to grow both academically and socially. The 3rd grade teachers, for example, work together as a team and divide all the 3rd graders in reading and math groups based on their levels. We have a new principal this year. She has already shown her leadership and her commitment in making Lakeview Elementary an even better school.

Posted August 31, 2009

Lakeview Elementary School 0

Posted December 16, 2008
My daughter loves this school. This is the first school she attended in US. Her teacher, Mr. Coulter, is really a great teacher and has a sincere interest in the kids.

Lakeview Elementary School 3

Posted July 20, 2006
Lakeview has a beautiful, new campus with gorgeous views of Lake Washington. It is too bad there are already portables on site. New principal in 2005/06, she has already had to deal with angry parents over low WASL scores in math and handled it well. Not impressed with the school's reading curriculum, if you can call using Accelerated Reader in the upper grades and Read Well (a remedial program) in the lower grades, a curriculum. All teachers are finally required to use the same TERC Investigations math curriculum so kids are on the same page year to year, and district administrators are carefully monitoring student progess in math. Hopefully more teachers will take advantage of district professional devp. in reading and try out the latest and best practices, instead of staying with what they're used to.

Posted July 06, 2006
- a former student
Lakeview Elementary was one of the greatest schools I ever went to. When I got there in 4th grade after moving from Texas, I expected to be challenges with different work and different people. But being at Lakeview was the best three school years of my entire seven years of school. When I got there teachers were willing to help after school, before school, or during recess. The parents were always there to help with work you didnt understand or to help at party we had for certain holidays. I recommend this school because I think it is the greatest school ever.

Posted December 09, 2005
I think this is a fantastic school with enthusiastic teachers and great parent involvement.

Lakeview Elementary School
10400 NE 68th, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top