Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This school has lax rules. Kids are running wild in this school. There are fights on the playground and nothing is ever done about it. My son always tell the recess teacher and she never help him. My son teacher I never hear from. I do not know what the events are at school. My son get picked on all the time. He does not ever like to go to school. We hope we can go to different school when they change the boundary.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Can be more challenging sometimes or develop classes for more capable students but didn't make it to very small quest program yet.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I chat with the principal and he showed integrity and fairness, although he can do better by asking all the teachers to lift the academic level even further

We moved from another Kirkland school to here and love this school. The principal is caring and teachers we had so far are professional. With the rezone, hope it'll even get better in coming years since size will reduce. Strong PTSA.

I have sent four kids through Twain. My youngest is still there. I have seen drastic changes in the way this school operates in the last couple of years. There is poor communication, the secretaries are grouchy, my kid gets bullied repeatedly and the principal brushes it off. It used to be a great school. The teachers we love have left or are leaving. With the recent boundary changes we are slated to go to a new school. I would assume any of the neighboring schools are better than this one.

Excellent school in an excellent school district. The teachers are professional and current on the best educational practices, as well as supportive of both my advanced learner and my child who needs a little extra help.

My daughter just completed first grade at Mark Twain. We had a difficult classroom with many children that had behavior and/or learning challenges. I felt the teacher was caring but a bit overwhelmed by the classroom dynamics. We will be pulling her out and going to a smaller, private school next year.

Could do better. Not a great school for a child with special needs. Will be taking my child elsewhere.

I really like this school! The kids always come first here. The staff does everything that is possible to help kids who have difficulties at school. My son struggels with his academics due to many factors such as ADD, being bilingual and having a unilateral hearing loss. They give him so much support there, I couldn't ask for more.

Pulled my child out of school because of bulling and lack of assistants when my child needs help. He has fallen behind and its so sad that I have to home school now to get him back up to grade level.

Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.