Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2014
My daughter just completed first grade at Mark Twain. We had a difficult classroom with many children that had behavior and/or learning challenges. I felt the teacher was caring but a bit overwhelmed by the classroom dynamics. We will be pulling her out and going to a smaller, private school next year.

Posted February 08, 2013
Could do better. Not a great school for a child with special needs. Will be taking my child elsewhere.

Posted September 24, 2012
I really like this school! The kids always come first here. The staff does everything that is possible to help kids who have difficulties at school. My son struggels with his academics due to many factors such as ADD, being bilingual and having a unilateral hearing loss. They give him so much support there, I couldn't ask for more.

Posted March 30, 2012
Pulled my child out of school because of bulling and lack of assistants when my child needs help. He has fallen behind and its so sad that I have to home school now to get him back up to grade level.

Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted March 18, 2012
I agreed that MS. Runyon Is a wonderful teacher and the staff Barb at the office is kind and helpful. But I also found that school needed to pay more attention to the "line up" situation. My little girl was often being pushed around by the boys from same classroom because these boys were always playing in line. She said that she told some one in the school about it and nothing has been done. Also, we moved here in Jan. and the girls from the same class kept turning her away and refused to play with her.

Posted February 27, 2012
So bad I pulled my son out of the school. He was beat up everyday came home crying and covered in bruises. The teachers and principle did nothing to protect him.

Posted October 30, 2011
Mark Twain has been an excellent place for my son. He is now in 1st grade after a fabulous Kindergarten experience. He had Mrs. Luiten for his all day Kindergarten & she is incredible! She is dedicated to her students & to giving them a great start to their school career. My son tends to excel in his school work & this year his 1st grade teacher, Miss Runyon is working hard to keep him challenged & doing a great job. The office is very helpful, the principal is friendly & open to feedback. I'd hate for one bad review to ruin this school's reputation, it really is a great place to put your kids!

Mark Twain Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2011
I was very disappointed by our experience at this school. The curriculum is geared entirely toward passing standardized tests, which the children do. Unfortunately, they are not equipped to deal with children who demonstrate creativity: For example, the only art program is one run by parents, and often there is no parent for a given classroom. Same with the drama program. The classes are noisy and chaotic, yet when a child is unable to pay attention in the chaos, they have negative labels put on them as though they are the problem.

Posted September 20, 2009
We have the best staff - they put so much effort into educating our students. And our principal shows respect and genuine understanding for all our students and parents.

Posted September 17, 2009
Mark Twain Elementary school really cares about each and every student. From the moment they walk in the school office Barb and Lynette know each child's name (this is NOT a small school)! The teachers are absolutely first rate the principal has an open door policy, so I can go speak to him anytime. When he is not in his office he is walking around the school checking on things. Even the school janitors are nice and friendly, I know them by name too. I just can't say enough great things about Mark Twain Elementary School. My oldest graduates this year, he has been there since Kindergarten, now he is in 6th grade. But I am not leaving yet because my youngest is in 1st grade.

Mark Twain Elementary School
9525 130th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top