Kirkland, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 08, 2014
Rose Hill is beyond amazing! The staff is wonderful and everyone is on the same page and to top it they are open to new ideas, willing to change things up and do anything to help make your child successful. The principal, Mrs. Hodges is the best principal I have worked with in a long time. She has lots of energy, experience, has two kids or her own, she gets it, takes reading breaks with kids individually and she knows all her students names. The PTSA rocks and the parent involvement is by far the most I have seen. They throw fun, free events (Cultural/Movie Night, Bingo, BBQ's, Talent Show, Dance-o-thons, Halloween Party, Reading w/Rover (is was founded at this school) & they still make everyone feel welcome. There is a wonderful art docent program too. They celebrate & acknowledge the children often. If there are too many students in a classroom they create another classroom at the beginning of the year. I highly recommend this school. We actually transferred to this school and made sure to purchase a house within the school limits to ensure we could attend. I am so thankful to have Rose Hill Elementary in our children's life. Seriously! It's a small school with a huge heart.

Posted November 26, 2013
Wonderful school! Incredibly dedicated staff and principal. Very involved and supportive PTA that offer lots of enriching programs. We have been at the school for over 4 years, and our kids are thriving there academically and socially. Small community with lots of heart for the students and their needs.

Posted November 25, 2013
Rose Hill Elementary has been great for my twins. They started first grade this year after having a stellar Kindergarten experience with Mrs. Swanson. This year they are in separate classrooms which concerned us at first, but the first grade teachers do a phenomenal job of coordinating lesson plans, so we're observing consistent experiences with both classes. Jennifer Hodges, the school Principal started last year and has done a great job of establishing herself, and the kids love and respect her. The PTSA does a good job of fundraising and offering various after school programs. Overall, we're very happy with Rose Hill Elementary.

Rose Hill Elementary School 1

Posted September 05, 2013
I pulled my son out of this school. I had always heard such great things about the schools in LWSD, but this one is a lemon. Leadership is lacking and I felt I was treated very poorly when I had any questions or concerns. Very much "talked down to." My son's teacher had no interest in teaching a boy with "boy energy." She made that clear.

Posted June 06, 2013
This is the third elementary school our kids have attended (due to moves), and it is by far our favorite. The administration and office staff are caring, approachable, and involved. The principal, counselor, resource teachers, and specialists are all top notch. More availability of gifted services would be appreciated, but that is a district issue (and one that is in the process of being addressed, we believe). Our kids' teachers have been kind, thoughtful, and effective. The PTA is currently in the 'few but strong' stage and is making efforts to include as many families as possible in their support of the school. Overall, a great school experience, and a true community.

Posted May 29, 2013
I disagree with the other reviewer. The principal at Rose Hill is open and approachable. My child has direct, supportive, and personal relationships with the principal, librarian, music teacher, his homeroom teacher, and other staff. The principal spends time talking directly and regularly with my child. My child's teacher is very effective in the classroom. Our child has not been subject to bullying. We approve our child's classmates. RHE has great facilities. The PTA is active and works tirelessly to improve parental involvement.

Rose Hill Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2013
This school is mediocre at best. My child is bored and not challenged and there is little parent involvement. Unfortunately, the leadership is lacking as well (and quite aloof and snobby) - not anyone you would feel comfortable approaching with concerns or ideas. I will be trying to get my daughter into a different local school for next year.

Posted May 08, 2009

Posted October 01, 2008

Rose Hill Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006

Rose Hill Elementary School
8044 128th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA  98033
Last modified Rose Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rose Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top