Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

They do not follow through with helping your child not getting bullied. The counselor there is a joke. She was DOODLING during our meeting!! The principal threatened to call police on my son that locked himself in the stall because of bulling and he'd had enough. The teachers he had (most of them) did not care enough to teach him properly and the principal backs them up on it. I took my child out of public school because of them and their lack of caring. I"m not sure how they even got the jobs they got! Ridiculous.

Odd that my experience is so different from the last post - three kids and seven years at Komachin and I couldn't ask for more. Honors classes and Socratic seminars, book discussions and photography classes... They even have a robotics club. The test scores are the highest for middle schools in the district and better than the State scores in writing and reading... I did laugh when they went to one way hallways, but that's a part of their community building - same with the advisory bonding stuff. All my kids feel like they belong. My middle son, a sophomore at TLine, keeps reminding my daughter how well prepared she will be for high school and college because of her a Komachin teachers. If anything, students are too busy. Sometimes the homework load seems like too much... Depending on the teacher...

WARNING! This school is not your average middle school. They treat the students as if they were back in 3rd grade, giving them happy notes for walking down the hall using the arrows. They play games called angry pickle, happy sun to voice unhappy feelings, really? This is 7th grade not preschool!! My child came to this school from a school that was challenging. This school is a joke, my child is learning things like simple poetry, and water painting in language arts (same lessons for the past 2 months!) and in math she never seems to get a solid lesson. I respect teachers and appreciate the level of care but it is middle school not day care. I am looking into home schooling for the first time because she has fallen so far from where she has to be to do well in high school and then college. I have met with the teachers but got nothing as far as lessons or goals, I left more confused then ever. Avoid this school if possible, the test scores speak volumes!!

it was the worst 2 years of my life. they treated me and my family like hell. the teachers and staff are inexperienced and would care less about you. my mother was forced to leave the school grounds because she defended me while i was sick in the health room. please do me a favor and take your children else where. also, put me behind in test scores by not teaching and using youtube to teach the class 70% of the time. i have struggled especially in math all through high school... parents stay on top of the new math curriculum because they expect you to know all of it to tutor your child daily.

My second child is now at Komachin. I really like the school and although things have had to change recently due to budget cuts, my daughter is still getting a good education. I really feel like the teachers care about the students and love the school where they teach. The teachers are very accessible to both parents and students.

Words cannot express how much I dislike this school. My child was tormented daily at this school and the staff could not have cared less. Every time I drive by the school I cringe and am just thankful my kid survived and got out of Komachin. "Horrible" does not describe it.

I have had two children go through Komachin. I have always been pleased with this school.

I love Komachin! I am currently a 7th grader and I love the way the school is set up with the houses. I recomend house three I think it has the best teachers. The staff is so friendly and everyone in my house is like a family you feel very welcome at Komachin.

Last modified Komachin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.