Bad
Good

Chinook Middle School 4

Posted March 17, 2015
The teachers and principal at this school are wonderful. My daughter has had dificulty with enjoying school and wanting to learn. She was very nervous about starting middle school too. The teachers have made learning fun for her and she is developing a love for learning. The pricipal has set up a wonderful Pride system that makes all the kids feel included, and they have a place to belong. I love that in the morning they can get help from teachers and this helps them succeed. This school is wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better school for my daughter to learn and grow. She has learned academically as well as how to be a productive person in society, how to treat others, and how to care. The only thing lacking in this school is SOME of the office staff's attitudes. The office staff don't represent this school well at all. Which is unfortuanate because they deal with students and parents daily. Once you get past them its awesome.

Chinook Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
This school is not a very good school .We have found the north thurston school district to not be very good. They do not have very good policies in place for kids who are bullied and stand up for themselves. If you have a child who gets hit kicked beat up and the child hits back to stand up for themselves they. will get the same punishment as the bully they need better disciplinary rules in place and they need some kind of coverage for the victim. I tell my child to stand up for himself everyday ! The prinicipal in our opinion is awful ! One of the worst we have ever dealt with. However we seem to like the new assistant principal this yea r!

Posted September 22, 2011
This school is pretty cool. im an advanced student and they even have classes that challenge me. but of course they have an excellent special education. in addition to that they make it fun to go to schooL!!!

Posted March 03, 2011
Really Nice School. Just completed a Remodel opening up the school. Great Administration and Teaching Staff.

Posted July 31, 2006
It's the best school ever I've gone to. Their support and teaching really helped me alot. The teahers are very nice and they try to help you get thru.

Posted May 21, 2006
We love this school. We have to drive our dughter to and from becouse we live so far from the school. We will did it again next year. The staff is the best. The teacher care alot.

Posted December 29, 2005
Excellent school. I would definately recommend it

Posted April 11, 2004
My daughter is going to Chinook and she has told me many times how middle school is more fun than elementary. Chinook is also has great teachers that care about the students. The past month the students have raised over a thousand dollars for the Red Cross. Overall Chinook is a great place for kids.

Chinook Middle School
4301 6th Ave NE, Lacey, WA  98516
Last modified Chinook Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.