Posted February 25, 2014
If you have an opportunity to take you child to another school I recommend doing so. The school has changed the parking availability and sectioned off an entire portion. Doing so is forcing parents to park along side the roads in the surrounding neighborhoods where children clutter the streets while walking home because the school does not provide busing for all students enrolled. When I questioned the office about why this was occurring their response was that it was for safety. But in actuality they are just moving the safety "hazard" off the school grounds so that it is no longer their responsibility. In additions to this problem the school and school grounds are not kept up on. I've even seen beer cans scattered that remained there for weeks before they were cleaned up. Also the office staff is quite rude whenever you have to deal with them. They act like you are inconveniencing them so much anytime you inquire about you child. All in all I am grateful that we will be moving soon. I will make it a point to move out of this school district.

Lacey Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
Taken my kids out and wont go back, security reason is the main one the main office staff are great, school could use a little TLC, principal could be better too.

Lacey Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2014
I have one kid she likes it, The school as a whole is just ok. I do agree kids need to be watched better.

Lacey Elementary School 4

Posted January 29, 2014
My daughter attends Kindergarten here, and she loves it. I like her teacher very much, and it seems very organized in her classroom. The school is clean, and the office staff is very friendly. Cons- if you drop off/pick up it is terrible. There are cars everywhere, and cars all through the neighborhood, parked on the sidewalk- so the kids who walk-walk in the street. I also feel that they should have more security! You can come in and out as you please and that should be changed ASAP! I saw 4 girls in my daughters class playing outside the bathroom(next to the front door) for over 5min before someone came to check on them. A little scary for little ones to have no supervision next to the entrance

Lacey Elementary School 3

Posted November 06, 2013
My son has been at Lacey since he was 4 and the delayed preschool is excellent he had a speech delay and is now a totally caught up 7 year old that you would never know had any kind of delay. That being said I have been fairly happy with the quality of education until this year. It seems like something has changed, the curriculum seems to be less focused on the individual education and more the idea of standardized testing prepping for 3rd grade tests. That may be the introduction of common core or it may just be as he gets older that will be the case. I've also noticed a lack of numbers as far as outdoor supervision goes compared to previous years. Because of that as a parent I have signed up to volunteer to try to help remedy that situation any way I can. A lot of it is lack of budget to hire more supervisors and I am more then willing to help. I gave a middle ground mark because its a good school I just think they need more parents to be involved in making the school a better place. I've always liked Mr. Culberson and Ms. Debbie and the teachers are excellent. We love their extracurricular nights library nights, book fair, field day etc.

Posted November 01, 2013
Lack of comunication from teachers and office staff. They run out of food thats on the lunch menu and give sandwiches or other food in return that my kids dont like to eat,waste of my money. i started giving my kids cold lunches now. The schools looks dirty, way to much clutter in the hallways big safty hassard! Restrooms stink!, Sinks where the students wash there hands way to dirty. carpets where they sit to readbooks or play games ext... OMG Whens the last time they steamed cleaned the school? I agree with one of the other reviewers the kids are all over the playground while the duties are just talking. where the leadership from Principal?

Posted October 18, 2013
This school is terrible the teachers dress like prostitutes ,you get no help for your children. The duties Don't watch your children on the play ground so if something does happen no one seems to know what happened, or the other children gang up on yours, and your child get into trouble for it.

Posted September 29, 2009
My kids love it there, Teachers are great lots of after school activitys. Principal is good he makes the students feel great and want to learn. I havent seen any school floor look so bright and clean along with the classrooms. My kids love Mr. Phil his the janitor. Keep it up Lacey!!

Posted April 14, 2008
My experience with this school has been wonderful. I have a 4th and 6th grader there. My 4th grader can be very difficult but her teacher has been very patient with her and can see her good qualities. They regularly have community nights where the whole family can come. There are computers to use, books to check out at the library, and some healthy snacks and at least one activity such as games or crafts. Wonderful for families. We need to move to a bigger house and I am drawing a map of the school boundaries to try to move within them.

Posted January 01, 2008
The school has great teachers,food,people,and activities.

Lacey Elementary School
1800 Homann Dr SE, Lacey, WA  98503
Last modified Lacey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lacey Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top