Lacey, WA

Posted February 08, 2013
My son started here this year after having a bullying issue at a different elementary school. He enjoys this school much more and when he first got there we thought the bullying had started again but we talked with his teachers and the principal and it stopped. We are happy with the school and knowing he is safe is great.

Posted April 12, 2011
I can't say much about the whole school but I can definitely give a 5 star to Ms Stiaert. I still cannot spell her name but she was a great 2nd grade teacher for my son.

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 2

Posted November 28, 2010
Just finished reading the "stats" on LHE. Although I pulled my children due to the lack of leadership and management of staff and students I can tell you that in the past several years my children attended they NEVER had 16 students in a classroom! There were always at least 25 if not close to 30. Either these stats are just plain wrong or they are counting something other than regular classrooms with regular classroom teachers.

Posted September 08, 2010
Well, being very familiar with Lydia Hawk elementary school and having gone their myself as a young child. When we moved back to this area and my children started attending school here, I would say that the school seems to have a new enthusiasm and better identity of itself. The children that attend are from a very diverse background and MOST of the staff are very friendly. For the most part I would say this school is going in a great direction and if all teachers could teach like Ms. Rottle all our schools would be doing way better :o)

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2010
Although I was pleased with about half of the teachers at this school, the principal is another story. He was not helpful with anything, my son is gifted and Mr. Harrington told me he doesn't have room in his school for my son. So I did what any parent would do, I removed all 3 of my children and went accross town to a better school where they care about their students future.

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2009
My daughter is in the 6th grade her teachers are Mr. Jones and Mr Hashimoto. She is thriving in their class learning so much! Mr. Hashimoto gives out Hashimoto dollars to the children that gives them an incentive to learn more and use better english when speaking. My daughter will diffinitely be prepared to go to middle school next year because of her wonderful teachers!!!!

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2009

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 5

Posted March 16, 2009
My grandson attends Lydia Hawk Elementary, and is more than a hand full for anyone! He is 5 years old and very intelligent, but also has behavior issues. He has probably pulled more stunts than anyone else has ever done at Lydia Hawk. However, from the principal , the teachers, the assistants, to the conselors, I could not have asked for a better setting, while we tried to get a diagnosis. Their patience, supportive attitudes, and actions, and awesome efforts have been more than I would have thought possible!Any parent/guardian who sends their child to Lydia Hawk could not have made a better choice, when looking for educators who really care about the children they serve. This is a very lucky community indeed

Posted November 27, 2007
We have been completely happy with our daughter's experience at Lydia Hawk - she has had wonderful teachers. The school makes it very easy to be involved. Very Friendly, welcoming to the whole family.

Lydia Hawk Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2005
I am pleased with certain aspects of Lydia Hawk. The student body is very diverse, which I like. The teachers are enthusiastic and friendly for the most part. However, I wish there were more support for gifted students and that organized sports were available.

Lydia Hawk Elementary School
7600 5th Ave SE, Lacey, WA  98503
Last modified Lydia Hawk Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lydia Hawk Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top