Lacey, WA

Posted May 02, 2014
Excellent school. Treated my daughter really well and she grew so much from going here. They have wonderful family support including free school lunch for any local families who want to bring their children over there. Afterwards the kids play on the playground while the parents chat.

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2012
My daughter is only in Kindergarten but she loves her teacher and the principal is very involved with the school activities and he is very personable. My daughter also loved the teachers in the learning center until she no longer needed extra help. I feel that the principal and the teachers have really taken the time to get to know their students and figure out how they can make their learning experience the best possible. I wish I could use names because I am so impressed by the two teachers who have really taken the time to make school productive and enjoyable for my daughter. There are still many improvements that I am sure the school could make if they had better funding, but they seem to make great use of the resources they have. Some of the administration staff leave a bit to be desired though. I hope that they can learn to be more professional and attentive on the phone, a little more prepared/organized during registration, and more aware of what is going on and who is coming in and out of the school. However, I do not feel that they should reflect too poorly on the rest of the school.

Posted May 01, 2012
My son has speech delay and attends this school and what I can say about his preschool(Denise Smith)and kindergarten(Amy Wenschhof) teachers is that I know they both have done their absolute best. When my son entered preschool his vocabulary was comprised of few words or sounds. Now he sings his ABCs, counts to 100, speaks in short sentences and is able to read certain short word sentences. They sent home co mmunication logs everday along with homework, loved it! Its a shame to read about others bad experiences, i have no complains of front office ladies, they are very friendly and attentive. cant speak for all the staff, but the ones i have run into while dropping or picking up my son have always shared a smile and a kind word or two and have asked if i needed help, couple times have seen principal greeting or saying goodbye to students. .

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2011
My children have been going to this school a year now. The parking is horrible when you are dropping or picking up. The security of the school is horrible. I went to pick up my child and it took them 25 mins to find her. I ended up going straight to her room to get her for a dr. appt. Last year my child had a dr. appt. and when I went into the school no one was at the front desk so I walked straight back to where she was and then went back to the front window and showed my ID to take her out. When you volunteer they don't ask for you to sign in and show ID just to go around the corner and sign in on the computer. I could be anyone and just walk in. I've never seen this before and my children have been in 3 different schools in 3 different states. I talked to someone and I really think it will not change. My friend volunteered a lot at this school and most of the time she just walked in and didn't even sign in. I think they need to have a better system.

Mountain View Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2011
My kindergardener was getting lost from the breakfast room to class. She would wonder the school for 30-45 mins almost everyday. The teacher was rude and repeated "she is old enough to know where to go. Its not my job to get her". The fact that my daughter was distraught every day and wondered the school with no one knowing where she was upsets me. The janitors would find her and bring her to the office. To make matters worst they tried to put her on the Becca Bill for being tardy to class. Also, on a few occassions I received a call saying that after 45 mins of school she was not there. Try getting that call when you put your child on the bus yourself. Now that she is older we have had issues where another child blamed her to get the heat off herself and instead of investigating, my 4th grader was screamed at by the counselor. Now the school is not allowed to speak with her unless I am present. Teacher would not let her take her pictures last yr. Her class was one of last and they refused to let her take them early as we had a family emergency arise, only had 1 good teacher since kinder. Overall horrible school and if I were able to transport to another school I would.

Mountain View Elementary School 0

Posted January 15, 2009
I like the teachers and i see their dedications towards giving the best education to their students. Though I noticed that there are somuch students in a classroom and my son is also being bullied but I alwaysd make sure that I report them to the teachers. Also we keep an eye on these kids that like making trouble and we see them when we pick up our son. we watch thru the window while waiting outside the room. There so much student that the teacher and the volunteer can barely noticed whats going on all the kids. I always volunteer in all schools we had been in different states and this is the only school that is so strict. Its good but sometime not. I dont see much of the activities too in observations of holidays. Is it how poor it is here? And whats up with no homework?

Mountain View Elementary School 0

Posted January 14, 2009
It's a shame to have such a negative review listed about Mt. View. Both my children attend this school and I can tell you that it is a WONDERFUL school. The teachers care about every one of their students and work hard to meet their needs. Looking at their test scores it is hard to believe that it has such a high poverty level. Students continue to excell year after year. I can't think of a better learning environment that I would want for my children. Perhaps if this parent volunteered in the classroom she would she what I see ... a dedicated group of teachers who really care about our children. We are lucky to have them!

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted January 13, 2009
I think that the poverty level in this school makes a huge difference in my sons education,over half of the school in on free lunch,and I feel you have to be a troublemaker or get into trouble to actually have a teacher notice you. All of the children that can't speak english should be in special classes so that the one teacher that is there for 27 students can actually teach the students that understand her..Overall I can't wait to get my son out of this school and into and Olympia school..It has been the worst learning environment for my son. He has been bullied and tons of other stuff..The staff does not want you invloved at all,not to mention that the office lady with red hair in the front is so mean to the kids..School is suppose to be a place to learn!!!

Posted April 03, 2006
- a former student

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2005

Mountain View Elementary School
1900 College St SE, Lacey, WA  98503
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top