Posted August 10, 2014
i think the teachers are understanding and try to help as much as they can

Posted October 15, 2011
We have recently moved into the North Thurston School district after an extended stay in Germany. Our Children had spent their entire previous primary education in the German school system. We were concerned about their shift into English schools. Nisqually Middle School has been the perfect fit for our new Middle Schooler. The teachers and staff are top notch, we are so thankfull for their understanding and support. I would recommend this school to anyone. My son is happy, and feels secure. We talk with him daily about school, and he enjoys his learning experience. Teachers are engaged with their students, and we have heard nothing of bullying or any other derogatory reports from our son. Students are friendly, and the learning environment has been great. This is a great school, and we would choose it all over again.

Posted October 25, 2010
The school year has just begun and I am very pleased with the progress my 7th grader is making! I was concerned about the switch from primary school to middle but it has been a pleasant transition thus far. I really appreciate the open door feel I get from all levels of educators at NMS.

Posted September 06, 2009
its a great school my child was a little behind when she entered the 7th grade and when she left 8th grade she was highest in her class and highest in her high school

Posted November 08, 2007
I Love Nisqually. The secretaries are the best...they go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.....parents and students alike. The teachers are really good and try to make sure that you have all of the tools you need to make your student successful. I really like the family access program and the fact that I can see how my student is doing. I love that there is no surprise!

Posted December 12, 2006
- a former student
I absolutely love this schoool. Teachers are great and always help with homework. P.E. programs are a success!

Posted January 10, 2006

Nisqually Middle School 4

Posted August 09, 2005
I like the staff at the school. I really like the homework hotline! My daughters teachers seemed pretty good though they had too many children per class! Her english teacher did not challenge her enough but other than that they are doing a fine job. They have after school activities, year book, MESA (could have done a little more) but they did offer it. The choir nights were a great way to see how hard they work in that class. Last year was a good year hope this year is too. GYM class GOOD class! I liked the 2 week report on what was due and still waiting to be turned in it needed a little clearing up as to if they were extending a projects due date, but all in all it helps knowing where your child stands with all their school work.

Posted July 12, 2005

Posted June 07, 2005
- a former student
Nisqually has had a difficult time getting funding to improve classroom conditions, but many of the teachers there are dedicated and hard-working, very capable. When I attended from 1998-1999, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The orchestra teacher, Mrs. Lynn, was incredibly energetic and knew her stuff.

Nisqually Middle School
8100 Steilacoom Rd SE, Lacey, WA  98503
Last modified Nisqually Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nisqually Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top