Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Please reference my original complaint about unruly classrooms and the way it interferes with my child's learning.

My son complained to me that his classes are unruly and the teachers can't keep the students on task and they are rambunctious and inattentive in class which disrupts his learning. (We moved here in November 2015) I told him to give it a couple of months and see if his feelings change or if it was a result of after Christmas break energy. I stopped by the school last week to see how things were progressing. I was horrified at the yelling, wandering and general disorganization and chaos of his class. I am appalled at the situation at this school.

I went to this school 7th and 8th. I loved the school all but Science class. The teachers name was mr. Zezba. He bullied me for two years. Telling me I would do nuthing with my life. That I was worthless. He would take me out side and push me down the ramp and to get back under my rock. If he still works there watch your kids.

i think the teachers are understanding and try to help as much as they can

We have recently moved into the North Thurston School district after an extended stay in Germany. Our Children had spent their entire previous primary education in the German school system. We were concerned about their shift into English schools. Nisqually Middle School has been the perfect fit for our new Middle Schooler. The teachers and staff are top notch, we are so thankfull for their understanding and support. I would recommend this school to anyone. My son is happy, and feels secure. We talk with him daily about school, and he enjoys his learning experience. Teachers are engaged with their students, and we have heard nothing of bullying or any other derogatory reports from our son. Students are friendly, and the learning environment has been great. This is a great school, and we would choose it all over again.

The school year has just begun and I am very pleased with the progress my 7th grader is making! I was concerned about the switch from primary school to middle but it has been a pleasant transition thus far. I really appreciate the open door feel I get from all levels of educators at NMS.

its a great school my child was a little behind when she entered the 7th grade and when she left 8th grade she was highest in her class and highest in her high school

I Love Nisqually. The secretaries are the best...they go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.....parents and students alike. The teachers are really good and try to make sure that you have all of the tools you need to make your student successful. I really like the family access program and the fact that I can see how my student is doing. I love that there is no surprise!

I absolutely love this schoool. Teachers are great and always help with homework. P.E. programs are a success!

Last modified Nisqually Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.