Lacey, WA
Students enrolled: 1,429

Posted August 04, 2013
I am still learning about this school after my son has spent one year here but the teachers are amazing -- bright, concerned, challenging. The band and music programs are advanced and led by highly skilled teachers. The marching band wins many honors. My son's counselor was excellent as was the swim coach. The actual building is a bit rundown but they are due for a remodel. A diverse student body. I do not have an opinion yet regarding the principal. Parents are involved in the band and swimming programs but I don't know about other activities.

Posted October 28, 2012
Second Year at the school. 4th and 6th year with some of the teachers. Best music department around. Band, Choir, and Orchestra first class. Teachers are easy to talk to and are concerned with the students. New set of couselors this year are great and attentive. Wish more parents got themselves involved....but those that do really do.

Posted January 30, 2012
North Thurston I school is the best school I have ever been too. The people I super nice, the teachers are great, and there is a lot of positive energy.

North Thurston High School 1

Posted January 09, 2011
Possibly the worst school in Thurston county, I would HIGHLY encourage all potential students to rethink or transfer. The teachers are undereducated, rude, and generally uncaring. They spend 3/4 of the time whining about their paychecks, and the rest of the time assigning cross-word puzzles. With very very few exception, the teachers show little regard for their students. The principal is a joke, never doing anything about bullying. I had several instances of harassment and even violence yet because, "kids are like that," nothing was done, and I was even punished for speaking out. Classes are simply busywork. It is incredibly easy to become lost, as very few staff could point out names of students, even those they had in class. If you are looking for a high school where you are a number, you found it.

North Thurston High School 0

Posted February 07, 2009
I have a senior and a freshman at NTHS. I believe NT to be a very good school. There is only 1 teacher in the last 4 years that my daughter and I didn't like. I feel my daugthers are getting a good education. It's a very safe school with small town issues. The size is nice, with about 1400 enrolled. The kids aren't getting lost in an over crowded school. The staff is frienndly and helpful. The Sports, Music and Arts are fantastic!! The drop out rate is very low compared to other schools :) Looking at the test scores, it seems the math department could use a boost. On a scale of 1-10, I would give NT an 8 ! Thanks NT, for all you do :)

Posted June 12, 2007

Posted March 16, 2006
My son is a sophomore this year at North Thurston. We homeschooled until 8th grade, when he entered Chinook. I was pleased with Chinook and am very happy with North Thurston. The teachers are of a very high caliber, there is a focused but relaxed feeling at the school on the few occasions I have to go there. [My son] is a thinker and a talker. He is also very funny and knows it. There is no doubt in my mind that, at times, he tries all of his teachers' patience. But he is also appreciated and encouraged for who he is. I know he is getting a good foundation for college, and have a good feeling when he goes off in the morning to shcool. Kathryn Jones

Posted December 01, 2005
a great school for the hard of hearing and deaf

Posted November 28, 2005
River Ridge High School has many valuable programs that meet the diversity of all students. Their learning resouce room is a great place for students and parents alike to get helpful information as they prepare for college. I have heard many people praise their special needs program as well. One of the areas that may need more funding is the Enrichment Programs. At one time, they had the BEST broadcast/journalism program in the district.

North Thurston High School 1

Posted July 30, 2005
- a former student
Academic programs are sub-par. Music, arts, and sports are avaliable, but not the best. Level of parent involvement tends to be minimal.

North Thurston High School
600 Sleater Kinney Rd NE, Lacey, WA  98506
Last modified North Thurston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Thurston High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top