Bad
Good

I am still learning about this school after my son has spent one year here but the teachers are amazing -- bright, concerned, challenging. The band and music programs are advanced and led by highly skilled teachers. The marching band wins many honors. My son's counselor was excellent as was the swim coach. The actual building is a bit rundown but they are due for a remodel. A diverse student body. I do not have an opinion yet regarding the principal. Parents are involved in the band and swimming programs but I don't know about other activities.

Second Year at the school. 4th and 6th year with some of the teachers. Best music department around. Band, Choir, and Orchestra first class. Teachers are easy to talk to and are concerned with the students. New set of couselors this year are great and attentive. Wish more parents got themselves involved....but those that do really do.

North Thurston I school is the best school I have ever been too. The people I super nice, the teachers are great, and there is a lot of positive energy.

Possibly the worst school in Thurston county, I would HIGHLY encourage all potential students to rethink or transfer. The teachers are undereducated, rude, and generally uncaring. They spend 3/4 of the time whining about their paychecks, and the rest of the time assigning cross-word puzzles. With very very few exception, the teachers show little regard for their students. The principal is a joke, never doing anything about bullying. I had several instances of harassment and even violence yet because, "kids are like that," nothing was done, and I was even punished for speaking out. Classes are simply busywork. It is incredibly easy to become lost, as very few staff could point out names of students, even those they had in class. If you are looking for a high school where you are a number, you found it.

I have a senior and a freshman at NTHS. I believe NT to be a very good school. There is only 1 teacher in the last 4 years that my daughter and I didn't like. I feel my daugthers are getting a good education. It's a very safe school with small town issues. The size is nice, with about 1400 enrolled. The kids aren't getting lost in an over crowded school. The staff is frienndly and helpful. The Sports, Music and Arts are fantastic!! The drop out rate is very low compared to other schools :) Looking at the test scores, it seems the math department could use a boost. On a scale of 1-10, I would give NT an 8 ! Thanks NT, for all you do :)

Last modified North Thurston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.