Bad
Good

Lots of PTA events to keep all of the families involved!! My daughter loves the garden club!

I am sure I'd you had a a typical child you would be fine, any IEP plans stay clear. You can have all the bingo nights you want but that doesn't make a good school. Unless you are in the cool kid club the office ladies treat you like junk or just ignore you. Not a good school.

I have been an Olympic View parent for the past 5 years(and counting) and I love the school! I feel so strongly about the school, after reading the last post I HAD to reply. The previous post obviously had a personal issue because they cannot back up their opinion! OVE has a wonderful, dedicated staff that really cares for your child. We have earned the School of Distinction award 3 years in a row and our test scores are the highest elementary in our district. Clearly not the worst school ever. Aside from the curriculum/testing we also have a great PTA and extracurricular clubs. What other elementary school offers a Chess Club, Garden Club, Ukelele Club and Drama Club? The PTA puts on multiple events every year ending with a BINGO Night that packs the cafeteria. The only problem OVE has is the older building and neighborhood it is located in gives a different impression of the school but once you get inside you will be amazed!

Excellent teachers, top notch principal, outstanding parent participation. The only thing this school lacks (like most others in WA State) is proper funding and smaller class sizes. Principal earns respect from students, teachers and parents with friendly, respectful and fair treatment of all. He definitely walks the talk.

This is our second year at Olympic View and we've been very impressed. The curriculum is diverse while continuing to build the necessary foundation.

This is a great school so far. My girls have attended private school since Kindergarten. We just enrolled them at Olympic View this year and it is a fabulous learning environment. The pricipal and teachers are upbeat and positive. The families are welcoming. I look forward to a great year.

They show concern above and beyond for the children who attend there. They are friendly in personal visits and over the phone. they are willing to take calls concerning a stituation/or calling you back on that concern. Yeah to the teachers in Olympic View Elementary School.

This school is surrounded by older homes and gives a deceiving impression to a passer by. The Principal is smart, kind and motivated. He commands respect in a friendly, approachable way. The support staff in the office is also great and when comparing notes with other families in different school districts, my children are ahead of the curve.

We love Olympic View, it took a while, I am the one who gave it a 2 star raiting. My child is excelling, and I feel is being challanged in some areas. The programs that are being offered are wonderful! They offer CAN, Comunity Action Nights that are quite educational. We have experianced a PTA Movie night, Assemblies, and one of the best Reading programs ever. I just wish the first 9 weeks woundn't have gone so slowly. I am a Teacher, I know what goes on the first 9 weeks, and I also know that the students who are on target pop out at you within the first few days. Please continue to challenge them constantly.

Olympic View Elementary has a warm, friendly feel, and I love volunteering my time in this school! The staff is very supportive and helpful. The teachers my daughter has had so far, have been stellar- always going above and beyond their job descriptions. This school has met AYP (adequate yearly progress) in all areas, so I feel it is a great school.

Last modified Olympic View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.