Lacey, WA
Before care: Yes

Posted January 23, 2014
South Bay Elementary is an extraordinary school in every way. I went to South Bay as a kid and now my son and daughter go there. Every teacher my children have had has been amazing by not only educating my kids but teaching them invaluable life lessons while really investing in who they are. Along with the prodigious teachers, the principal at South Bay does an unbelievable job; South Bay Elementary is the way it is because of Mrs. Cook. Her dedication to her staff, faculty, and the students is implausible! My wife and I could not be happier with the effectiveness of the education and the devotion of the faculty and staff towards our children...great job South Bay Elementary!!!

Posted September 22, 2012
We have been a part of the South Bay community for about 12 years. It has always been a good school and with current administration is a great school. Most of the teachers ae exceptional K - 6. They care. Parents and family members are welcome and appreciated. Teachers go out of their way to meet the needs of EACH student, high, medium or low. I am proud to say my children attend this school.

South Bay Elementary School 3

Posted March 27, 2012
My two children have been attending Southbay for 3 years. Out of a total of six teachers, only one has been extraordinary. Going above and beyond to make sure my child had work to do in class that would challenge him above what she was currently teaching. I am completely unimpressed with the new principal. She rules by the book and not always in the best interests of the children or parents. I disagree with a previous post about not enough activities involving families. There are opportunities almost every month for families to attend an event at the school, I.e. Jump rope for heart, science fair, back to school night, fun fair and many more. My biggest complaint is would be the inconsistencies of grading. Teachers refusing to give 4s at all and using the standard 3 for the majority. Many students go above and beyond socially and academically and should be recognized by more than an average 3. I have been very happy with the physical education teacher. He has a great attitude and kids are always excited and ready to work hard,

South Bay Elementary School 3

Posted July 26, 2011
Good school, good kids, BUT total lack of consistency with grading. Too much objectivity allowed. The teachers are not on the same sheet of music with the 1,2,3,4 grading system. Some NEVER give 4's others only at year end. It is very much an atmosphere of, "let's shove everyone into a "3" grade so no one feels bad". The broad range of what makes up a 3 makes the grading system useless and leaves my children wondering what they are striving for. We moved here from Texas and let me say, although South Bay is great by Washington standards, it pales in comparison with the NEISD in Texas.

Posted July 26, 2011
My son finished Kindergarten this year and we were extremely satisfied with the quality of the teacher (Ms. White). My son had social anxiety and did not want to go to kindergarten. After a month, he loved going to school. My other son went to couple private school and now I wish we would have sent him to South Bay Elementary. The school principal, the counselor, and other staff seem to be very professional and they truly care about the students. We have been extremely impressed about the academic and overall quality.

Posted June 02, 2011
This staff and the Teacher are very caring and helpful. They treated are students as they were they own kids, and if you have any concerns regarding any assigments they are always there to give your child the helping hands. I have two children there for almost four years, and I hate to move then out this school. I know my kids will miss the school as well as I am. Thank you Southbay for educating my kids.

South Bay Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2011
I am interested in your programs for special needs children and also if you have art and music programs.

South Bay Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2009

South Bay Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
As a child I went to this school and we just moved back to this area and I was excited about my son going to this school, but so farr not to excited. His teacher just doesnt appear to be happy with teaching any longer and there is not really much parent school activities for the families! Hopefully my experience will get better with time but not to impressed so farr..

Posted July 07, 2008
Two years ago my daughter graduated from South Bay Elementary School. She had been attending this school since her second grade year, and abosolutly loved it. She was a brihgt student, and the enrichment classes her become a better student and move on to an equally amazing program in Chinook Middle School. The whole school is a family. The student learn to enjoy learing at all ages, and the teachers are amazing. We all as a family enjoyed the school.

South Bay Elementary School
3845 Sleater Kinney Rd NE, Lacey, WA  98506
Last modified South Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Bay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top