Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I could go on and on about my grandsons first grade teacher....she's terrible .. and I'll leave it at that

South Bay Elementary is an extraordinary school in every way. I went to South Bay as a kid and now my son and daughter go there. Every teacher my children have had has been amazing by not only educating my kids but teaching them invaluable life lessons while really investing in who they are. My wife and I could not be happier with the effectiveness of the education and the devotion of the faculty and staff towards our children...great job South Bay Elementary!!!

We've been at South Bay for 2 years now and love it! Making a new transition from a phenomenal school was difficult, however we have found a new home at an equally wonderful school. The teachers are amazing and helpful. We are happy here and the kids love going to school everyday.

The staff at all levels are amazing. I have a child who is excited to go to school, is engaged at her level daily, adores her teacher, and talks non stop about her specialist time (Music Art and PE). As a parent, I couldn't ask for more.

We have been a part of the South Bay community for about 12 years. It has always been a good school and with current administration is a great school. Most of the teachers ae exceptional K - 6. They care. Parents and family members are welcome and appreciated. Teachers go out of their way to meet the needs of EACH student, high, medium or low. I am proud to say my children attend this school.

My two children have been attending Southbay for 3 years. Out of a total of six teachers, only one has been extraordinary. Going above and beyond to make sure my child had work to do in class that would challenge him above what she was currently teaching. I am completely unimpressed with the new principal. She rules by the book and not always in the best interests of the children or parents. I disagree with a previous post about not enough activities involving families. There are opportunities almost every month for families to attend an event at the school, I.e. Jump rope for heart, science fair, back to school night, fun fair and many more. My biggest complaint is would be the inconsistencies of grading. Teachers refusing to give 4s at all and using the standard 3 for the majority. Many students go above and beyond socially and academically and should be recognized by more than an average 3. I have been very happy with the physical education teacher. He has a great attitude and kids are always excited and ready to work hard,

Good school, good kids, BUT total lack of consistency with grading. Too much objectivity allowed. The teachers are not on the same sheet of music with the 1,2,3,4 grading system. Some NEVER give 4's others only at year end. It is very much an atmosphere of, "let's shove everyone into a "3" grade so no one feels bad". The broad range of what makes up a 3 makes the grading system useless and leaves my children wondering what they are striving for. We moved here from Texas and let me say, although South Bay is great by Washington standards, it pales in comparison with the NEISD in Texas.

My son finished Kindergarten this year and we were extremely satisfied with the quality of the teacher (Ms. White). My son had social anxiety and did not want to go to kindergarten. After a month, he loved going to school. My other son went to couple private school and now I wish we would have sent him to South Bay Elementary. The school principal, the counselor, and other staff seem to be very professional and they truly care about the students. We have been extremely impressed about the academic and overall quality.

This staff and the Teacher are very caring and helpful. They treated are students as they were they own kids, and if you have any concerns regarding any assigments they are always there to give your child the helping hands. I have two children there for almost four years, and I hate to move then out this school. I know my kids will miss the school as well as I am. Thank you Southbay for educating my kids.

I am interested in your programs for special needs children and also if you have art and music programs.

Last modified South Bay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.