Lacey, WA
Students enrolled: 1,114

Posted April 19, 2014
My son attends River Ridge High School and is having the best high school experience we could have hoped for. We are a military family, but lucky enough to be able to remain on one spot for all 4 years of his high school. He loves the diversity, the teachers, staff and coaches. We are realistic in the knowledge that kids make poor choices at times, but the options and ability for our son to rise to his potential and even exceed it made us choose RRHS vs others in the area. It's smaller, but has all the same accelerated classes as the other schools. The kids joke about how RR gets a bad wrap due to its location. But most of the students embrace the reputation and use it to prove the neigh sayers wrong. We are very please with the education our son is receiving.

River Ridge High School 1

Posted December 12, 2012
i have to children that attend this high school, they have been here for under a year n i have noticed that this school is bias against teen parents. they allow fighting and theats between kids but yet when you hear and witness thier staff verbally abuse students and you report it they do nothin about it and then go after your children with a vengance this is the worst high school in the lacey area.

Posted January 01, 2011
i love going to this school. you can make so many friends. our sports programs are pretty good. there are many things i like about this school , but then again there are many things i dont like. i dont understand why this school is an outdoor school. i mean comeon this is washington , not hawaii. some of the teachers are rude and many teachers shouldnt even have a licenses to teach. this school doesnt have alot of money. i am a sophmore c/o 2013.

River Ridge High School 2

Posted August 26, 2010
I am a current student at RRHS and I am very disappointed. The ground is filthy and some of the faculty aren't very helpful. Some teachers are very rude and don't do their job. There are too many fights and students doing things they're not suppose to. I wish they would rebuild the school, even though it's only about 17 years old. And there's too much gossip and drama.

Posted March 14, 2009
im a sophomore this year at river ridge and i actually enjoy it! there are many people with different backrounds and colorful personalities and its way easy to make friends here! i look forward for the next 2 years at this school! --2011 baby(:

River Ridge High School 1

Posted February 17, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
I graduated RRHS in 2003, and while I think high school was one of the most challenging times of my life, I enjoyed my time there. In spite of its 'gangster/ghetto' reputation at the time, it was a very tolerant place to learn and grow. I had a number of incredible teachers who played a large part in shaping my future. (I also had a few duds who were not invested in their students whatsoever.) The biggest drawback at RRHS was the horrendous scheduling system. There was no way to get into a routine because the schedule was changed not just yearly (we didn't have the same start time two years in a row) but monthly. It seemed like every other week we had at least one day of strange scheduling because of a holiday or break. Try being on time to class in that environment.

Posted January 15, 2009

River Ridge High School 2

Posted November 19, 2008
This school is subpar with few competent teachers. Financial issues also hinder the school in ways such as making the day start at 7:20, which is bad for the students. Students often spit on the ground and so the ground is filthy, though inside the buildings is better.

Posted August 14, 2008

River Ridge High School
8929 Martin Way East, Lacey, WA  98513
Last modified River Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Ridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top