Bad
Good

I went here freshman year and I hated it

Diverse pshaw. This school has been known to have the most minority students. Also they haven't improved school grounds since they opened the school. OVER-crowded class rooms. Rude bordering on disgraceful teachers who cannot handle the large classes they attend too. I would say all these positive reviews come from certain students who education was looked after by advisers. If we saw GRADES on teachers i would say we'd see a different review. School starts at 7:20 to save money. Releasing the students earlier for bus reasons. If your hoping for your child to get a good education I would look else where.

I love this school I'm a 9th grade at this school this school gives u alot of freedom witch is what kids need the staff is awesome they talk to u they are cool I just moved here to Washington state from NC I went to south viwe middle and my sisters went to south view high school the education at river ridge high is 1000 times better the svms in NC I haven't noticed any ganges in this school I have a lot of friends the kids are nice some teachers are mean like a coatch for weight lifting he's mean I can't think of his name and the other teacher in room 410 is mean to me he says I have a attetude witch some times I do but if I'm 2 min late to class he emails my parents and says I need a pass but I talked to miss in the same class they say he doesn't care if they r 5 min late so he really does not like me witch is fine with me but in this school all teachers that I have actually teach u stuff and in math room 114 he is the best he helps u with ur problems so if I had to choice to go back to NC or stay here I would deffenty stay here at this school if I could I would rate this school a 9 out of 10 so all the staff good job but I don't like that if u don't have a doctors note saying my nee has a fractur in it then they make me still run or I get a F I can't get a note yet bc my mom and dad is in the army so it took them a while to get me seen and so far I have had 3 appt I have another one soon so I have to ask for a note next time. But I don't u guys care about my nee any ways I live this school its awesome and fun I like how we get out at 2 instead of 330 so if i was u I would go to this school thanks to all the staff love this school :)

This is a "hang out " high school. I don't know how it got a 7 rating- when at the beginning of the 2015-16 it was a five (5). Most teachers and staff are jaded, the academic presentation is substandard, The school is not culturally competent (though they attempt to give the appearance that they are.) The sports program is good, but if you want your child ready for college-I would reconsider this school-. This school is small, unkempt, and over crowded. We are moving out the district because of Thurston County schools. If you are a parent and are concerned about you child's education then this school will be sure to disappoint. The county really needs to consider an overall school improvement plan. This is not the only school in the district that is below average; I have students that attended three others in this district and the consensus is the same about all three- below average and need for improvement.

My son attends River Ridge High School and is having the best high school experience we could have hoped for. We are a military family, but lucky enough to be able to remain on one spot for all 4 years of his high school. He loves the diversity, the teachers, staff and coaches. We are realistic in the knowledge that kids make poor choices at times, but the options and ability for our son to rise to his potential and even exceed it made us choose RRHS vs others in the area. It's smaller, but has all the same accelerated classes as the other schools. The kids joke about how RR gets a bad wrap due to its location. But most of the students embrace the reputation and use it to prove the neigh sayers wrong. We are very please with the education our son is receiving.

i have to children that attend this high school, they have been here for under a year n i have noticed that this school is bias against teen parents. they allow fighting and theats between kids but yet when you hear and witness thier staff verbally abuse students and you report it they do nothin about it and then go after your children with a vengance this is the worst high school in the lacey area.

i love going to this school. you can make so many friends. our sports programs are pretty good. there are many things i like about this school , but then again there are many things i dont like. i dont understand why this school is an outdoor school. i mean comeon this is washington , not hawaii. some of the teachers are rude and many teachers shouldnt even have a licenses to teach. this school doesnt have alot of money. i am a sophmore c/o 2013.

I am a current student at RRHS and I am very disappointed. The ground is filthy and some of the faculty aren't very helpful. Some teachers are very rude and don't do their job. There are too many fights and students doing things they're not suppose to. I wish they would rebuild the school, even though it's only about 17 years old. And there's too much gossip and drama.

im a sophomore this year at river ridge and i actually enjoy it! there are many people with different backrounds and colorful personalities and its way easy to make friends here! i look forward for the next 2 years at this school! --2011 baby(:

I graduated RRHS in 2003, and while I think high school was one of the most challenging times of my life, I enjoyed my time there. In spite of its 'gangster/ghetto' reputation at the time, it was a very tolerant place to learn and grow. I had a number of incredible teachers who played a large part in shaping my future. (I also had a few duds who were not invested in their students whatsoever.) The biggest drawback at RRHS was the horrendous scheduling system. There was no way to get into a routine because the schedule was changed not just yearly (we didn't have the same start time two years in a row) but monthly. It seemed like every other week we had at least one day of strange scheduling because of a holiday or break. Try being on time to class in that environment.

Last modified River Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.