Lacey, WA

Posted September 28, 2014
Almost all the positive reviews about this school are by those that work there. I think this is pathetic and the only reason they are doing it is to keep out of the cross hairs of the school review board. The reviews by parents seem to point to the fact that children are not safe here, and that the staff are inept, inexperienced, and have obviously chosen the wrong career path. Hopefully, the PTA and other organizations will come together to raise the standards and create a safe environment at Meadows Elementary. There seems to be widespread violence, intense bullying, and the teachers, administration, as well as the inept counselor are unable to deal with problems. I am sure many teachers at Meadows honestly care about doing the best thing for the students and community, but there are a few there that only care about the paycheck.

Posted September 28, 2014
I feel extremely sorry for the children that attend Meadows Elementary. Upon reading the comments the writers, perhaps in a sense of guilt betray themselves as staff who work at Meadows which should completely disqualifies them as objective reporters. All they care about is their job security. The most obvious example is that pudgy bald menacing counselor who validates his job by attacking parents, carrying on private interviews with 5 year olds in order to confuse them I am sure it is easier to do this than dealing with the real problems and Issues at Meadows which are intense bullying and teacher student interaction, he is inept and obviously not qualified My child who is 5 yrs old I removed after only two weeks because of the ineptitude and inexperience of her teacher who looks and acts more like the 6tha graders that attend the school.He was unable to handle my child so he kept getting the principle involved. He had nothing but negative things to complain aboutI begged the principle for another teacher but she refused.I removed her from Meadows her new teacher is extremely competent 30 yr veteran.It would be better to keep your child home than send them to Meadows.

Posted September 25, 2014
Will rate it a zero! People should know this school is very unorganized. Your children are not safe here and their academic level is very poor. Kids play more than they read and the bus route is messed up. Definitely recommend another school. I went to pick up my daughter from school on September 24, 2014 (Yesterday) and her teacher tells me shockingly that she's not here. As I say excuse me, she says she's gone on the bus. She was given a note from the front office saying she has been put on the bus (permanent change) I ran to the bus to get my daughter off. One, I never authorized it, never signed her up to take the bus and two, the front desk says it wasn't their fault and that we had to contact transportation. WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER IF THEY HAD DROPPED HER OFF SOMEWHERE?? WHERES THE ADULT SUPERVISION?? Let me point out that my daughter has never ridden the bus before. THE SCHOOL SHOULD HAVE CALLED ALL PARENTS BEFORE LETTING ANY CHILDREN ON THE BUS. Sad to say there's more to what happened but will be dealt with through the board of education.

Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
Meadows is a school of hard knocks. Yes, there are some, and I mean some teachers that are exceptional, and some have no business being with children. The office staff is warm, responsive and professional, but the plight is that of its students. Sadly, it is the surrounding demographics that give over children that are missing guidance, discipline and support. There are many students here that need a lot of intervention and although the school does a good job at attempting to give these children special care, it cannot work unless the families step up. There are many incidents of bullying, harassment , anger issues, many kids have been held back a grade or two, and as much as we can blame the school system and point the finger, the root of all behavior and aptitude is what is learned and modeled in the home. Class sizes are over limits. My child's class has 29 students, and a few of the classmates are very troubled so discipline issues are huge. My child witnesses angry outburst, swearing, disrespect etc. On the bus home my child hears profanity, gets punched and kicked. How many times do I complain? Parents, teach your children well.

Posted October 10, 2013
Our school is a "Kids at Hope" School. This program teaches students to plan for their future, set goals and to believe that they can and will be successful contributors to their families and communities. The staff are dedicated professionals, who love what they do and strive to create safe, engaging, invigorating learning environments for their students. Our students are 20th century kids from all over the country. In part, because of our closeness to Joint Base Lewis McChord, we have a higher student turn-over rate than many schools. This makes for a diverse and rich student population, that always brings new faces to the Meadows community. We think that is a unique benefit to the social fabric of our school. Meadows, in addition to the daily subjects, offers a wide range of specialist classes, extracurricular programs and family support programs.

Posted June 03, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My daughter has gone here for kindergarten and 1st grade and I am sad that we are moving away at the end of the school year. Both of her teachers were outstanding at challenging a very smart girl and her class sizes were incredibly small. The biggest her class got this year was 18 kids. All of the aids are great with the kids and they have lots of opportunities throughout the school year to learn lots of things hands on. I absolutely loved this school. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted March 02, 2013
I find it interesting that a parent would rate the school 2 stars for music and art? What? Classes are indeed overcrowded and teachers are overworked, but are you rating the school, district, bus department or the state in your review? How involved are you as a parent at the school? I'm an approved volunteer, work at Meadows weekly & don't think you'll find a more caring staff anywhere!

Posted September 05, 2012
Wow, I am surprised by some of the comments here about Meadows. This is a wonderful school. All three of my students have attended here! I find the teachers to be caring and thoughtful. They work hard to know each child as an individual. As a volunteer in the building I see how hard the staff works and how dedicated they are to each family. I was hesitant to send my children here because of a prevailing attitude about them in the community, but friends told me to give it a try and I am so glad that I did. The Kids at Hope Philosophy that was recently adopted has taught my children to look towards their future! They also tell me of the importance of following the Meadows Mustang Motto. If this is the school of your attendance area, please give these people a chance. You will not find a better, more caring group of people!

Posted August 31, 2012
I am amazed at some of the comments written here. I wonder if the parents complaining have actually volunteered in the school to see all the wonderful interactions taking place. Teaching children respect & empathy begins at home as well as parents making sure their children are prepared for school by doing their homework, getting enough rest etc. mmm test scores are not all on the teachers. Volunteer -you can see /hear for yourself - the caring atmosphere from every staff member. There have been many changes over the years for the better I think. I love Kids at Hope. Just look at the world we all live in our children face things we never had to worry about. Meadows Elementary has been a nurturing envirionment for my children & I am so glad I didn't listen to the negative talk. I say make up your own mind - every school is going to have something you may disagree with. We love Meadows!!! Go Mustangs!!!

Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted January 24, 2012
The school is alright for Special Needs class. I was surprised someone was let go that my autistic son was used to. I feel sorry for Jimmy but he is a darn good teacher.

Meadows Elementary School
836 Deerbrush Dr SE, Lacey, WA  98513
Last modified Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadows Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top