Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The boundaries changed this year and I was nervous about my daughter changing from Olympic View to Meadows. However, I have been pleasantly surprised. She says she loves this school even more than OVE! I love how her teacher has recognized and thoroughly supported her strengths. Again, last school was really good too, but I think, this year, Meadows is even better! The facilities are certainly bigger and nicer and all the staff seem really friendly. I truly believe the rating of the school will rise in the next couple years due to the boundary change. It has allowed more diversity and there are now more parents involved and helping staff to support the students.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child feels more welcomed here than previous schools attended.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter's scores continue to rise and I have noticed upward movement in her writing as well.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Its not over the top with homework and my daughter continues to grasp new concepts.

Too often, the motivation to post on these pages are negative experiences, and those who have had a great experience are silenced by their satisfaction. Meadows is a fantastic school with a dedicated, experienced, educated, caring and loving staff. This climate is set from the top, beginning with their principal who spent many successful years as a teacher within the North Thurston School District before becoming principal at Meadows. From her leadership down through the counselor and teachers, each individual member of this staff cares for kids with the primary focus being safety and learning. There are challenges at any school, and Meadows is not immune to behavioral, social and academic challenges but the families and educators rise to meet these challenges head on. This school is a fantastic elementary school that produces valedictorians, in fact, the last four consecutive years the River Ridge High School valedictorian has been a Meadows Elementary Alum. It is important to remember, when reading the posts of the disgruntled that there's always a story behind their words and the school may not be the problem. This is certainly been my experience with Meadows Elementary School. It's great to be a part of the Meadows family!

Almost all the positive reviews about this school are by those that work there. I think this is pathetic and the only reason they are doing it is to keep out of the cross hairs of the school review board. The reviews by parents seem to point to the fact that children are not safe here, and that the staff are inept, inexperienced, and have obviously chosen the wrong career path. Hopefully, the PTA and other organizations will come together to raise the standards and create a safe environment at Meadows Elementary. There seems to be widespread violence, intense bullying, and the teachers, administration, as well as the inept counselor are unable to deal with problems. I am sure many teachers at Meadows honestly care about doing the best thing for the students and community, but there are a few there that only care about the paycheck.

Will rate it a zero! People should know this school is very unorganized. Your children are not safe here and their academic level is very poor. Kids play more than they read and the bus route is messed up. Definitely recommend another school. I went to pick up my daughter from school on September 24, 2014 (Yesterday) and her teacher tells me shockingly that she's not here. As I say excuse me, she says she's gone on the bus. She was given a note from the front office saying she has been put on the bus (permanent change) I ran to the bus to get my daughter off. One, I never authorized it, never signed her up to take the bus and two, the front desk says it wasn't their fault and that we had to contact transportation. WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER IF THEY HAD DROPPED HER OFF SOMEWHERE?? WHERES THE ADULT SUPERVISION?? Let me point out that my daughter has never ridden the bus before. THE SCHOOL SHOULD HAVE CALLED ALL PARENTS BEFORE LETTING ANY CHILDREN ON THE BUS. Sad to say there's more to what happened but will be dealt with through the board of education.

Meadows is a school of hard knocks. Yes, there are some, and I mean some teachers that are exceptional, and some have no business being with children. The office staff is warm, responsive and professional, but the plight is that of its students. Sadly, it is the surrounding demographics that give over children that are missing guidance, discipline and support. There are many students here that need a lot of intervention and although the school does a good job at attempting to give these children special care, it cannot work unless the families step up. There are many incidents of bullying, harassment , anger issues, many kids have been held back a grade or two, and as much as we can blame the school system and point the finger, the root of all behavior and aptitude is what is learned and modeled in the home. Class sizes are over limits. My child's class has 29 students, and a few of the classmates are very troubled so discipline issues are huge. My child witnesses angry outburst, swearing, disrespect etc. On the bus home my child hears profanity, gets punched and kicked. How many times do I complain? Parents, teach your children well.

Our school is a "Kids at Hope" School. This program teaches students to plan for their future, set goals and to believe that they can and will be successful contributors to their families and communities. The staff are dedicated professionals, who love what they do and strive to create safe, engaging, invigorating learning environments for their students. Our students are 20th century kids from all over the country. In part, because of our closeness to Joint Base Lewis McChord, we have a higher student turn-over rate than many schools. This makes for a diverse and rich student population, that always brings new faces to the Meadows community. We think that is a unique benefit to the social fabric of our school. Meadows, in addition to the daily subjects, offers a wide range of specialist classes, extracurricular programs and family support programs.

This is a wonderful school. My daughter has gone here for kindergarten and 1st grade and I am sad that we are moving away at the end of the school year. Both of her teachers were outstanding at challenging a very smart girl and her class sizes were incredibly small. The biggest her class got this year was 18 kids. All of the aids are great with the kids and they have lots of opportunities throughout the school year to learn lots of things hands on. I absolutely loved this school. I would recommend it to anyone.

Last modified Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.