Lacey, WA

Seven Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted November 01, 2014
We moved here a year and a half ago. My son only attended for 3 months, but my daughter went through Kindergarten and is in 1st grade now. After an incident yesterday where she was supposed to be riding the bus home, and instead got left at the school, that has pushed me to seriously considering switching her to the Olympia school district. The transportation department in the North Thurston district is terrible. The staff at Seven Oaks are unprofessional and clueless. I don't like the feel that I have when I am in the school. The curriculum is sub-par. There just isn't much quality here. Luckily, my older son attends at private middle school in Olympia, and I should be able to get my daughter into an elementary school close to his school after winter break. Already made the call, and will start the process soon. I will add though that the new principal, Becky Lee, is wonderful. That is probably the only good thing about this school.

Posted August 10, 2012
I attended Seven Oaks elementary school from second grade to sixth, and I loved every minute I was attending that school. I had attended several schools prior and to be honest, I cant even remember their names. Seven Oaks is without a doubt the best elementary school in the school district, and anyone thinking of enrolling a child into an elementary has got to put Seven Oaks down on their 'to be seriously considered' list.

Posted October 15, 2011
I have three children that are attending Seven Oaks elementary school for the first year, (3rd Grade and 6th grade). My children attended their primary schooling to this point under the german school system, and we were concerned with their shift into English schools. The teachers and staff have been so understanding and supportive. They have communicated with us consistently as to how we can best support them as parents at home. My oldest son could not have been luckier to recieve Mr Bittrick for the 6th grade. He is an incredible teacher. My children are enthousiastic about school, and receive the additional support that they need to excell. we would choose this school over again, with the knowledge that we have now about the area. We have experienced no problems what so ever with bullying, or anything else derogatory. We are extremely pleased with our good fortune in finding this school.

Posted May 10, 2010

Seven Oaks Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
I don't know why this is currently rated a 5. It's a wonderful school. My daughter attended their preschool there and I'd be happy to have her attend elementary school there!

Posted August 01, 2008
My son had issues at previous schools, but within 2 months of him going to Seven Oaks, he was placed on an IEP, receiving the benefits I had been trying to get him for three years. I am so glad he is a student at Seven Oaks, where the teachers and other staff actually listen to a parent's concerns and do what is best for the child.

Seven Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2008
I have two kids attending this school. One is in third grade and one is in sixth grade. They use a two year per teacher program which I think is great. Kids get to know their teachers better than having to switch teachers every year. I think this gives the teachers the ability to learn more about each child and can adapt better to a childs strength or weakness. This is great especially when you get a really good teacher, such as the case with my sixth grader. Not quite as good when you get a teacher that isn't one of your favorites. However, overall, I really like this idea and hope it catches on more throughout different school districts.

Posted May 08, 2006
Seven Oaks is a very family oriented school with lots of wonderful staff that make each child important. My first child, my daughter attended here from Pre-scool starting at age 4 and graduated 6th grade at age 11. Now we live in a different area and my son is waivered to Seven Oaks. We love this school and the two-year cycle works out great! The parent not only gets to know the child and the child knowing the teacher, but it is nice for the parents as well. An example of how wonderful the staff is, my daughter almost in 11th grade ramins in contact with her 5th/6th grade teacher at least monthly. You get to know what the routine with each teacher and you only have to adjust 3 times rather than 6. I highly suggest this elementary school to any one considering attending. I rate this school #1!

Posted December 29, 2005
My daughter just recently started attending this school and I am impressed so far.

Posted November 22, 2005
Seven Oaks has a phenomanal 'looping' program. From 1-6th grade each child will only have three teachers! For each two years the have the same teacher. This provides a great amount of continuity for the children as well as teachers. the principal, Ron Sisson, is very supportive of staff, students, and parents alike. All staff are very friendly and make themselves available for any parental concerns. There are very dedicated volunteers on a daily and weekly basis. Being that this school has the highest number of 'waivered' (not the childs home school) students in the district says alot in itself. Respect amoung the students is highly regarded and practiced with the schools FRED principals(fairness,resposibility,empathy, dignity)

Seven Oaks Elementary School
1800 Seven Oaks Dr SE, Lacey, WA  98503
Last modified Seven Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seven Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top