Lacey, WA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Holy Family School is a Christ-centered PK-8th grade private Catholic school. We believe in helping young people develop their personal relationships with God while also obtaining an excellent academic foundation. As our school's new principal I pray that we will model God's love for us amongst one another. I believe in helping young people achieve success. I believe in the professionals and volunteers alike who work hard every day to help Holy Family. Finally, I believe in what the future can hold if we work together, valuing and respecting all members of our school's community. These are my beliefs. All are welcome. Please stop by and say hello, perhaps checking out Holy Family School once again. Together we can achieve the extraordinary. "Our doors---and the possibilities---are open."
June 20, 2011

Posted September 14, 2014
We love Holy Family School! Our kids have been going to HFS for a few years now and they love it. The principal is amazing and the teachers and staff are awesome! Our kids used to go to public school close to JBLM and we were not happy with the education they were getting. Once they started going to HFS, their grades skyrocketed. We love that the principal, teachers and parents are all very involved in everything that happens at the school. Many things have changed at HFS since our kids started going here but we are all very happy with the education they are receiving. Enrollment has gone down a bit but we personally don't mind it at all. This only means that the students get more 1-on-1 time with their teachers. We're also very happy that Spanish is now offered starting in 1st grade. No school is perfect but HFS is perfect for us.

Posted April 02, 2014
There certainly have been some wonderful points mentioned about our school here on this page. The faculty and staff care very much about the education we are providing to our youngsters. The teachers and aides work many hours under the support of a dedicated principal to teach children academics in a Christ-centered environment. The support of parents helps this school move forward. The wonderful students also help to make the school what it is. We are hoping to grow to include more specialists in order to enrich our program further. In the meantime, teachers strive to incorporate the arts into lessons whenever possible. Please come visit Holy Family and see all the wonderful things going on!

Posted March 01, 2014
While it says 'Submitted by a teacher/staff member' it is actually I, the principal of the school, providing this input. I appreciate folks who have taken the time to provide thier feedback, truly reflecting their own personal experience as one reviewer mentioned. Should anyone choose to read our school's recently completed Self Study report, under 'School News' on our website, I think two things are very evident. First, we have made significant progress the last few years in a number of areas, and second we also recognize and identified continued areas available for growth and improvement. I believe any educator, school, and community as a whole always has room for growth and improvement, certainly including myself and the expecatations I have of those who work at HFS. I realize that not all people will be happy or agreeable with all decisions I make on behalf of the school. Still, I pray that ultimately we will keep the focus on the young people we serve. When I get up in the morning, look at myself in the mirror, the number one question I have for myself is, 'Given the available resources, am I doing all I can to provide a quality Catholic education to students?' Peace.

Posted February 28, 2014
This is our first year at Holy Family school and we have found the school to be very friendly. We have had a few issues with the Pre-k teacher seemingly not having much control or stability in the class. But as a whole, we really like HFS and it's staff. They have always been welcoming, friendly and helpful. We look forward to continuing on here and feel that our child's educational needs will be well taken care of.

Holy Family School 1

Posted February 27, 2014
With respect to the most recent review, everyone who attends the school (any school) has their own, unique experience at that school. While it is great that you have had a great experience, others may not but both are entitled to express their views. Berating someone for expressing their experience, though different than yours, defeats the point of this site. Our personal experience at this school has not been ideal either and we will not be returning after also having been at this school for several years. Perhaps, if your child is in a certain grade (maybe K-2) you may have a more positive experience with the administration. But, that is not the experience our family has had. So there you go. There are two families who have not had good experiences at Holy Family School. And, yes, I am a current parent at this school who has had legitimate, negative experiences.

Posted February 09, 2014
The Jan. 29th parent review below is COMPLETELY WRONG! I find it hard to believe this even truly reflects a parent at our school, or a current parent anyway. We have been at Holy Family for two years and we see the principal involved in practically everything! Specifically to the prior reviewer's point, the princpal talks to parents before school every morning, yes in the upper playground area, AND he says hello to all the K-2 students as they leave to go to class, also saying good morning and chatting with the parents in that area, which I've personally witnessed. On the first day of school he was in the main hallway saying hello to people and then again near the parking lot at the upper playground area greeting students and families. WE are very thankful for our school's principal, having found him very approachable - his door is always open to let people stop by and talk anytime they want. And, during our initial tour yes it's given by the wonderful lady in the office but the principal made a personal point of coming out to say hello, letting us know he was available to answer any questions. One more thing, who does the prior reviewer thinks influences the environment?!

Holy Family School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
In the few years that we have been at HFS, we have grown to love the teachers. Our experience with the teachers has been great. They are open to parental input and concerns and do their best to create a positive learning environment. The front office is also great at answering our questions, providing tours of the school, etc. However, we have not had the same positive experience with the Principal. When rating the Principal Leadership on this site, it gives examples what what constitutes as strong principal, one of which is "reach out to parents". While the Principal does send out a weekly newsletter and participate in committee and PA meetings, he does not reach out to prospective families by giving tours of the school or even introducing himself. Instead of greeting families at drop offs in the mornings, he stays away over at the playground and simply observes. Even on the first day of school, he did not greet new families and returning students. It's the little things that go a long way, especially in such a small school. When the Principal is not approachable, it certainly sets a tone.

Posted October 23, 2013
We love this school! Our son attended a parochial preschool and an on-post public school for Kindergarten and 1st grade during our time at FT Leavenworth. In preparing to PCS to WA, we were dismayed to learn that science and social studies are not offered at the public schools. We were already strongly considering switching to a Catholic school and when we toured Holy Family it sealed the deal. Compared to the public school and a couple other private schools, Holy Family stood out as the clear choice. Small classes (which was another HUGE benefit- our son has 8 other children in his grade), a great science lab, and a terrific curriculum set this school apart. The second grade teacher is warm, welcoming, patient, kind, and a great instructor. Our son, who was very nervous about the move, regularly thanks us for sending him to Catholic school and has asked on numerous occasions if he can stay at Holy Family until he finishes 8th grade. Does it get any better than that? We feel very blessed we found Holy Family!

Posted January 08, 2013
Our child has been at Holy Family for six years. We are so grateful of the decision we made to enroll in this amazing school. The parents, staff and principal work in concert to encourage and ensure a safe and inspiring learning environment. Visit the school! You can practically see and feel the children's confidence and happiness at Holy Family. The classes are small enabling lots of learning and individual attention. I know when my child enters college she will thank us for the education she received at this wonderful school.

Posted December 24, 2012
I am a former student of Holy Family, and I can honestly say that the teachers are amazing. I've been there through three principals and two completely different sets of teachers, and yet I know that if I hadn't gone to Holy Family, I would be an entirely different person. At Holy Family, I learned how to deal with my emotions in a positive way, and I learned everything I needed to join the honors program at Bellarmine Prep. All the teachers really care about each student individually, and they all do their best to make sure every student understands every concept. This is my way of saying thank you to everyone. Every teacher, every student, every faculty member, and every principal I've had at Holy Family, because together, Holy Family has become an amazing school that I am proud to have been a part of.

Holy Family School