PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Holy Family School is a Christ-centered PK-8th grade private Catholic school. We believe in helping young people develop their personal relationships with God while also obtaining an excellent academic foundation. As our school's new principal I pray that we will model God's love for us amongst one another. I believe in helping young people achieve success. I believe in the professionals and volunteers alike who work hard every day to help Holy Family. Finally, I believe in what the future can hold if we work together, valuing and respecting all members of our school's community. These are my beliefs. All are welcome. Please stop by and say hello, perhaps checking out Holy Family School once again. Together we can achieve the extraordinary. "Our doors---and the possibilities---are open."
June 20, 2011

Bad
Good

We are a military family that moves about every 2-4 years. When we arrived in a Washington our daughter was subjected to extremely large class sizes within the public school system. She never came home with homework, the parent-teacher communication was abysmal and her desire to learn was gradually decreasing. We knew we needed to make change asap before our daughter lost even more interest in her academics! After receiving a wonderful welcome and experiencing the true "family" atmosphere HFS proudly exemplifies we can gratefully say, HFS was the best decision we made for our daughter and her education! The student/teacher ratio is incomparable to any other school. Low classroom sizes allows the kids to learn at their pace and in an environment that encourages proper development based on the child's needs. While the education is important, the Christian ethics and beliefs are the foundation of this school and is the cornerstone as to how the children, staff and parents relate to one another. I could not have been blessed with a better option for our family. I believe the work ethic and Christian values my daughter has received will carry on into her adult life for years to come!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Holy Family school are the best around. They are truly invested in our children and our children's future. We have been at this school for 5 years so I speak from experience. The teachers are approachable, positive and caring. Our teachers go the extra mile for our kids every day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Holy Family School teaches strong Christian values. It is a Catholic school and so teaches the Catholic faith but one need not be Catholic to attend and benefit. Fairness, honesty and integrity are basic to the standards at Holy Family.

Holy family School is wonderful on many levels. I personally love the small class sizes. Every child gets all the personal attention they need. The academics are top notch. The faculty and staff couldn't be better. Every child, every person is treated with kindness and respect. I highly recommend Holy Family School!

We are so happy at Holy Family School! Unlike other schools we have attended, they are so good about caring for all of the students' needs - academic, spiritual, emotional, self-worth, etc. - rather than just focusing on test scores. However, coming from another private school, we were pleasantly surprised to find that HFS was further along in various subjects; so we know our child is being challenged academically. Our favorite thing about the school is the small class sizes where we know our child is getting individual attention and care. The discipline system is positive, not punitive. Our child's self-worth has improved dramatically since transferring here. I would recommend this school to anyone! We look forward to many happy years here.

I have 4 children in this school. It is excellent academically and socially. The staff and faculty nurture, guide, and educate my children. My children love this school. great teacher-student ratio, active and involved principal, loving front office staff, and gentle teachers. my 5th grader has memorized the periodic table and my 1st graders sign their name in cursive. all grades have computer class...I just can't say enough!

We love Holy Family School! Our kids have been going to HFS for a few years now and they love it. The principal is amazing and the teachers and staff are awesome! Our kids used to go to public school close to JBLM and we were not happy with the education they were getting. Once they started going to HFS, their grades skyrocketed. We love that the principal, teachers and parents are all very involved in everything that happens at the school. Many things have changed at HFS since our kids started going here but we are all very happy with the education they are receiving. Enrollment has gone down a bit but we personally don't mind it at all. This only means that the students get more 1-on-1 time with their teachers. We're also very happy that Spanish is now offered starting in 1st grade. No school is perfect but HFS is perfect for us.

There certainly have been some wonderful points mentioned about our school here on this page. The faculty and staff care very much about the education we are providing to our youngsters. The teachers and aides work many hours under the support of a dedicated principal to teach children academics in a Christ-centered environment. The support of parents helps this school move forward. The wonderful students also help to make the school what it is. We are hoping to grow to include more specialists in order to enrich our program further. In the meantime, teachers strive to incorporate the arts into lessons whenever possible. Please come visit Holy Family and see all the wonderful things going on!

While it says 'Submitted by a teacher/staff member' it is actually I, the principal of the school, providing this input. I appreciate folks who have taken the time to provide thier feedback, truly reflecting their own personal experience as one reviewer mentioned. Should anyone choose to read our school's recently completed Self Study report, under 'School News' on our website, I think two things are very evident. First, we have made significant progress the last few years in a number of areas, and second we also recognize and identified continued areas available for growth and improvement. I believe any educator, school, and community as a whole always has room for growth and improvement, certainly including myself and the expecatations I have of those who work at HFS. I realize that not all people will be happy or agreeable with all decisions I make on behalf of the school. Still, I pray that ultimately we will keep the focus on the young people we serve. When I get up in the morning, look at myself in the mirror, the number one question I have for myself is, 'Given the available resources, am I doing all I can to provide a quality Catholic education to students?' Peace.

This is our first year at Holy Family school and we have found the school to be very friendly. We have had a few issues with the Pre-k teacher seemingly not having much control or stability in the class. But as a whole, we really like HFS and it's staff. They have always been welcoming, friendly and helpful. We look forward to continuing on here and feel that our child's educational needs will be well taken care of.

Last modified Holy Family School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8