Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel like the teachers are very open for suggestions and able to change curriculum based on overall performance of each of their students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

We are given a monthly calendar and daily reading. I feel like the whole class could benefit from a daily homework page however small or easy it would prepare them for upcoming grades and situations where they need to allot time after school to do homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach all of these values and more on a daily basis and provide incentives for the kids to be on their best behavior at all times.

The teacher has given my daughter the opportunity to excel above her classmates instead of holding her to one set curriculum. The overall enthusiasm and drive for academic success is very nice to see in an elementary school!

Would not recommend this school to parents of children with disabilities. My son is high functioning autistic and was punished and embarrassed daily for behaviors he could not control. Instead of trying to get to the root of the problem or put any effort into understanding what triggered the unwanted behavior, he was sent away from class and essentially in time out for much of the school year. The teachers we encountered had no real knowledge of autism. A rewards/punishment system was always their fall back approach and they sacrificed opportunities to teach self control and encourage self competence for momentary peace in the classroom. My son's motivation literally eroded during the course of the year and left him defeated. The teachers and principal often came across as though their main interest was making their job easier for themselves and medicating my son came up often even though his dr.'s had advised against it at such a young age. I also approached the school several times regarding bullying and nothing was ever done despite the fact that many of my son's outbursts that he was chastised and sent to "recovery " for were direct results of being bullied and my son's inability to communicate what happened. He was told "I don't care" and told to leave the classroom on at least one occasion where he did try to explain himself. The counselor, quite honestly, was incompetent. She did not contribute anything that was useful or helpful, lacked understanding of his disability, frequently gave us wrong information, phone numbers, resources etc. The front office staff was just plain rude on a regular basis. I witnessed several children bullied and others say and do things that would typically warrant suspension and complaints by the parents were ignored whereas we received phone calls from the principal often regarding minor infractions. In my opinion, the faculty turned a blind eye to some things to avoid dealing with the more "difficult " parents. If your child naturally excels at school and socially, they would likely have an enjoyable experience and a mediocre education at this school. If they need extra attention or would challenge this faculty in any capacity I would avoid this school at all costs. Thankfully our child will not be returning this fall.

Update to my review: "This is our 3rd year at Chambers Prairie..." I wanted to update after reading the last review. Since my last review, my son was diagnosed with disabilities (ADHD, ODD, & epilepsy). The school as a whole has made every accomodation for him and us. Not every teacher is equipped to deal with disabilities so it takes a lot of communication between parent & staff. We also dealt with bulling on and off of school premises. When I approached his teacher and principal about it, they took immediate action and it stopped. They continue to work hard to make sure every child can learn to the best of their abilities.

My son went there and was in 4th grade. We had moved here from another state and saw the 2 reviews on here and heard that it is a great school. It's not great for kids with disabilities for sure. My son is autistic and had been being bullied by 3 kids. We didn't know for the 2 weeks it was happening. We were the last to know and I don't think the teacher even liked my son. The principal knew as well and didn't let us know either. I recommend for parents that have kids autistic or have any other disability to find a better school.

I My daughter went to this school from when it first opened. She loved it there and loved all the staff. Great school.

Last modified Chambers Prairie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.