Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are amazing. My daughters 3rd grade teacher includes cursive writing in there class. I think that is amazing.

Amount of homework: Agree

Its different for every grade, and thats perfect. My 1st grader has less, then my 3rd grader. Its not to much, its perfect. We do homework about 20-30 minutes per day. I think that is ok.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I hear many times from my children how the staff responded to certain situations about them or other children. The teachers and other staff give them a chance to think about a wrong behavior and learn from them. The take the time to talk about it. They also have the "seat of honor" with a topic for every month. For example: Kindness. Teachers will choose one child that did something really kind and award them with a certificate.

The teachers are amazing. The communication is great, the education the children receive is amazing. The office staff is always helpful and friendly. I love how involved the principle Mr. Burleigh is and always greet the children and parents. My daughter learned cursive writing, she learned about technology and coding. Our son had problems at another school. Since we moved to Lake Stevens, no problems at all. The teachers are wonderful and know how to work with children and what they need to be successful. We love this school!

My oldest is in 5th grade this year and it's been a great 6yrs. From K-5 we have not had one problem with bullying. So thankful for that. All the kids are nice and kind to one another. The staff and principal are fantastic! This year and last year have seen a huge growth that has made it overcrowded but they are doing their best to handle the issues that come along with that. I know everyone has their likes and dislikes but we love Hillcrest!

This school is excellent on children's progress, happiness, success, involvement, and the staff members. Great staff members and happy children. Great supportive principal!!

This school is staffed by well educated & motivated individuals who will stop at nothing to see children succeed. The principal, teachers, & other multidisciplinary team members constantly praise the children & instill hope & inspiration about succeeding. Communication with parents is beyond expectations & there is even an email, internet, & phone system all in place that automatically connects with parents. The special education program is outstanding & plans are constantly molded to meet each student's needs. The teachers & staff members are the same year after year & the turn over rate doesn't seem to exist. My child has changed so much after attending this school in two short years. He is confident, his academics have improved, he feels successful, & he looks forward to going to school every day. Bullying is NOT tolerated at this school & it is demonstrated in the staff members skills & abilities to prevent it in the first place. We used to be a family that only preached private school, but having our child attend Hillcrest Elementary has changed our views on public school!! HIGHLY recommended.

After moving due to the loss of our house and weathering many other stresses, I am very grateful for the teachers, principal, and support staff who have helped both my 2nd grader and 4th grader through a rough period. I have seen how much the teachers and other staff care for all the kids, no matter their circumstances. They have worked to encourage excellence, and have helped both of my kids thrive in their schoolwork. The staff is fully capable of bringing out the best in their highly capable students, as well as handling those students who have behavioral issues. Further, I have seen the PTA in action--what a great, big group of involved staff and parents! Hillcrest, I am truly thankful for you!

Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.