Lake Stevens Middle School 2

Posted July 11, 2013
I have two children in this school. My 6th grader is very small for her age and the weight of her backpack from all the notepads and supplies they have to carry for classes weighs almost as much as her. It is a shame they don't have lockers. She comes home exhausted and with headaches by the end of the day. The pace in the classrooms is too fast for both my girls and they do not receive proper help when they ask for it. My 6th grader has been up in the middle of the night studying because she is so afraid of falling behind. You either sink or swim at this school. There is also a lot of drama among both the students and teachers. Some of these teachers do not behave in a professional manner at all, do not communicate with parents and even swear and yell in class when they get frustraded which has made uncomfortale learning environments for my children. They are very derogatory and belittle the students. The principal and school counselor are very nice to deal with along with the office staff. I just wish the communication with the principal and the teachers under him was better and he was more aware of what happens in the classrooms. The school does not ask for parent involvement.

Lake Stevens Middle School 3

Posted June 12, 2013
My daughter has attended seventh grade for this school. I'm very impressed in her learning. She got two awards, one was for 3.5 or higher GPA and she passed all the msp. This school really practices for the MSP and did really excellent work. What I'm very disappointed in is the students that attended LSMS this year. People cause too much drama. And, my daughter got into lots of drama herself and lost bunch of her friends. There's many cruel people at lsms. My daughter wanted to quit this school year and go to a different school just because the people there are ridiculous. About 2/5 or 3/5 of people at the school do drugs. Half the school gets bullied or more. The only thing I'm proud of is the learning.

Lake Stevens Middle School 2

Posted June 23, 2011
Well this school isnt my favorite ether. I mean teachers pick favorite. Even when they say they dont. I love the school. Ive had so fun with some of the school actives and feild trips for 7th grade. At the end of the year we got to go to fantasa. I did not spell that right. Any way, though one thing i really di not like was the lunch money cost. 3 bucks a lunch. That almost 93 or 91 bucks a month. Including if the go to band and ur renting a instro ment. Or in track or in any school activeedie. As i said im a 7th grqde stundent. And this school could use some lockers ur backs hurt my the end of the day carring stuff home from school. And sence there is sooo much stundents, techers have to split a class.....

Lake Stevens Middle School 4

Posted July 12, 2009
Well i definantly have to say that this school definantly wasent my favorite but now that i think back it was pretty nice the teachers were cool!!! and overall i had an awesome experience!!! GO LSMS!!!!

Lake Stevens Middle School 4

Posted May 07, 2009
I am the ASB president at LSMS for the year 2009. This school is well ran. The teachers are high quality and well the administions and staff. I am proud to wear the colors blue and gold. Learning is extremely fun. We have lots of learning oppurtunites. PROUD TO BE A PIRATE!

Posted April 05, 2009
This school is very nice and isn't crowded now that they have moved the eighth graders out. The outdoor area is wide open and the teachers make learning very fun.

Posted March 14, 2009

Posted September 09, 2008
I think this school is well organized and seem to have great support staff and unity among the teachers. The school principal is pleasant and handles issues at hand with sophistication and unity. The school nurse is very helpful, educated, responsive to the student's needs. I strongly believe that if you were to give LSMS a word to describe their school, it would be 'TEAMWORK'. They work together for the children and seek the best for the children. If they have issues, it seems they have a network of ways to handle them appropriately so that the student, parent and teacher come to a fair resolution and satisfaction. I now have a 6th and 7th grader attending and I can't wait to see what new adventures that we will experience! Ahoy!

Lake Stevens Middle School
1031 91 Ave SE, Lake Stevens, WA  98258
Last modified Lake Stevens Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Stevens Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top