PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

Some could complain that the homework load is too much. However, learning to perform in a tough school environment is good for student development. If I wanted my kids in public school coasting along I would have chosen that route.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school values the merits of faith, integrity, and love. This is mainly due to the religious foundations of the school

This school is passionate about developing students to be the best that they can be. I love the community dynamics and the overall commitment to provide a strong education for each student.

This is our first year at Saint Frances Cabrini School and it has been a big adjustment for both of my boys who are in 7th and 8th Grade. This is a positive comment as the school is so academically challenging. Starting the year, both boys were behind and their teachers worked with us to get them caught up and at grade level. I'm happy to say that they are doing so much better and it is due to the time and attention given to them by their teachers. Their math teacher, Mr. McCarthy, has a reputation as one of the best math teachers in the Catholic School system in this area. I can't tell you how many times going to appointments etc in town, I have met people whose children went to Cabrini. They always mention how well their children due in Math and they attribute it to Mr. McCarthy. Mrs. Sanchez is great as well. My one son, who hates to read came home one day saying, "Mom, today was the best day ever in English. I had so much fun". This was due to one of the creative projects she assigns her class. This is my families 5th school in five years, due to frequent moves and I can honestly say it is one of the best we have attended.

After teachers expressed concern about my son, I had him assessed by healthcare professionals for any developmental/learning or psychological issues. After going through this process 3 times and recieving clean bills of health, they still refuse to accept the doctors findings (Madigan Army Medical Center) and insist that I use their doctor. I was told by my sons teacher if I don't medicate him it would affect his grade. The staff refuses to speak with me return phone calls/emails. My son has been targeted by the teacher which is supported by the principal. They ignore reports that my son was hit by another student. I can go on and on. This school acts like they are incharge of the parents and they know whats best for your child despite what you or the doctors say. Academically its good, but life is better if you just quietly comply and understand that they are in charge of you and your child and will do nothing to work with you as a parent.

My children have attended schools in the private sector since pre-school and I was still blown away with Cabrini's caliber of staff and teaching. My youngest child is in his second year at St. Frances and he is challenged like he never has been before. The technology program in up to date and the science program in simply AMAZING! A full science fair is held each year with all students participating. The service projects that the jr high students perform is incredibly thought provoking making them true members of their community. The spiritual growth that he has experienced its a true blessing. The principal and vice-principal are both present and invested in the school, students and families. Parental involvement in huge! The students are taught to respect their elders, each other and themselves. St. Frances Cabrini is not only an amazing school but they are also affordable!

This is my first experience with any Perochial or Private Institution -- having been a product of the Public School system -- and I have to admit, St. Frances Cabrini makes me believe that I could have achieved at least ten times as much, had I attended a school at the caliber of SFC. There aren't many places where you can have such a sense of family and community.

St. Frances Cabrini combines strong educational opportunities and christian nurturing to help students achieve success. The teachers are excellent. The school has a full technology lab, PE, Music, Library and excellent Jr. Hight electives. Religion is incorporated daily through prayer and religion classes. The school maintains the traditions that keep it faith based. They do a yearly full scale Christmas Paegant, pray together daily during advent, celebrate Holy Week through a variety of activities. and tie many activities to the liturgical year. Other events include assemblies for Grandparent's Day, Veteran's Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Each class participates in an individual service activity with which the children help their local community. The Student Council aslso leads whole-school service activities most often in support of the St. Vincent DePaul Society. The students recieve top test scores on standardized tests and the school has been nationally accredited. Thank you St. Frances Cabrini!

St. Francis Cabrini is an excellent accredited school that is recognized for promoting and maintaining a well-balanced education program and for exceeding standards considered essential for quality education. Cabrini offers a safe, orderly and loving learning environment, rich in ethnic and economic diversity. The spirit of God is taught to permeate the mind and heart, through worship, prayer, study and community service projects. St. Frances Cabrini has dedicated and faculty and staff that help prepare all students to be successfull in their post Cabrini years.

Last modified St Frances Cabrini School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8