Lakewood, WA
After care: No

Posted June 13, 2014
14 hours days??????? Are you kidding me, I live close to the school and the earliest I have seen somebody is at 6:30, the school is empty by 3, the last person leaving is the custodian Dolores, nicest lady on building. Some teachers care and are nice, they can't do much with the support provide by distric and principal and her bad reputation. SCHOOL of DYSFUNCTION BEACHWOOD, shame of you for not providing EXTRA services, other than the ones for families with IEP, and this kids are the most abuse by system, left behind and neglected. Children often need extra help and is not provide, classroom size is large, ratio is usually 30:1. Some teachers are overwhelmed because of this and distric don't do anything to solve this matter with at least having one assistant teacher per classroom when is need it. This school is very bad, just stay away if you can, we are now homeschooling our 3 boys and is going wonderful.

Posted June 13, 2014
Glad that year is over and we are moving this summer, this is by far the worst school my daughter has attended. No real homework, just a few pages sometimes. Many incidents of bullies and no staff wanted to do something about it, is true, bullies are everywhere, the difference if how you manage to get the problem solved, how you get rid of it and in this school nobody seemed to care a bit about it. Classes are not challenging and below average standards nationwide. Principal too much blah blah blah and never bother at all to do new things, to engage with students, etc. One time my daughter went to say hello and she asked to sit down in a very rude manner. No enthusiasm, more like a military regime that doesn't work to attack the problems of bullies, etc. School of recognition only means that is currently meeting standars statewide of reading and math, but we all know this is very easy to alter, please don't fool yourselves!!!!Anyway is not a big deal because it should be of course meeting the standars!!!PTA is mediocre and doesn't innovate in nice educational activities, No good behavior system reward, no field trips! If your are movie to WA try another districtOr just homeschool

Beachwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2014
This school has been School of Distinction for three years in a row! This school provides many extra services for students and has curriculum night for family members. The teachers are dedicated and hardworking. Many of the teachers work 14 hour days and still take time to meet with family members and discuss student achievement. Bullying happens in every school and Beachwood staff take it very seriously and work with students and family members to resolve issues in a timely and caring fashion.

Posted April 08, 2014
Bullies! Bullies, bullies! I'm a mom of a special needs child and she has been victim of abuse and principal doesn't help, no solutions! Bullying continues and to the point my daughter doesn't want to go no more to school. Teachers also never hear anything of what happening on classroom and let the kids resolve issues and incident that in my opinion and many others parents it shouldn't be like this,many intolerable situations at this mediocre school. Stay AWAY!!!

Posted March 31, 2014
Not impressed with this school. The teachers continue with the curriculum, despite having children who have different learning styles. Children who have difficulty learning the material are left behind and do not get extra help. Staff does not supervise children adequately and teachers are frequently absent. Children do not have stability in class. Not impressed with the school system in Washington State.

Beachwood Elementary School 3

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is ok if your child doesn't have learning problems or bullying. My son was diagnosed with ADD and on meds. The teacher beg me to take him off of the meds because it wasn't helping. Next thing I knew they formed a meeting with the bored psychologist, teacher, principal, counselor, etc. All of them suggested that I talk to his doctor (aka med again) but I refused. They offered no other intervention. Only when we moved school did my son received nonpharmaceutical intervention. I also heard other parents complaining that they don't remedy bullying.

Beachwood Elementary School 2

Posted October 17, 2013
Not impressed with the school. My daughter goes to Kindergarten there and so far she hasn't learned anything new. It seems like she learned more in Pre-school/Strong Beginnings and is now going backwards.

Beachwood Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2013
My daughter loves going to school here. She is in 2nd grade and loves her teacher. Great homework assignments everyday. Separation for reading levels, which is great. My daughter is good at reading so she doesn't get held behind, she goes to a reading class with kids that are tested to her same level. This school is doing a great job, due to the high demands and new housing going up. They are definitely doing all they can!

Beachwood Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2013
This school just received the School of Distinction award- top 5% of schools in Washington for improvement over the last 5 years. This is the 2nd year that Beachwood has earned this award.

Beachwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2012
Beachwood has been a wonderful school for our two children over the last three years. They work hard to teach at each child's level and help them reach their maximum potential. The teachers have been willing to work with us when we have concerns. The new principal coming in worked with the outgoing principal so there should be consistency. We would not hesitate to have children continue at Beachwood, but both are now in middle school.

Beachwood Elementary School
5190 North Division St., Lakewood, WA  98433
Last modified Beachwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beachwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top