Lakewood, WA

Posted June 11, 2014
This is a great place to learn, mature and participate in school and community activities. My son has so enjoyed the relationships he has been able to make with teachers during his high school years. Having the same caring teachers for four years did wonders for him. He is now prepared for anything life may throw at him. Parents who make the effort to partner with this school will be greatly rewarded.

Posted February 27, 2014
My family has been dealing with HP for the past two years, and have never been more disappointed with a school, or a district, ever. The administration at the school are mostly rude and short, and it is hard to get anything accomplished. Phone calls are not returned and the fact that they have a principal, a VP and a dean of students and still can't run a school well should tell you something.

Posted November 16, 2013
My daughter is in 6th grade and it is her first year. The school seems very disorganized and staffs/teachers are poorly guided. It seems there seriously lack communication and do not even respond to parents' calls. I am going to wait to see how the rest of this year goes and if it continues like this, I am definitely putting my daughter in another school. It just seems there is no pride in quality of education and mentoring students. Perhaps their focus is more on older students in high school...I am not sure. It has been very disappointing dealing with them as it seems they do not take responsibility. I plan on bringing this to the principal's attention to see how she handles. - a very concerned parent

Posted July 28, 2013
i went to Harrison prep during 7th grade and sense i moved to fort belvoir in Virginia because of being in the military i miss the teachers that helped me during school and after school i also miss the students.I liked how the teachers helped when you were failing classes by explaining it better.i think Harrison prep should be a little bigger and have locker rooms and only have 6-12 grade because everyone got along better and just adding like kids will be very distracting because of the screaming and etc.... this school is the best out of all schools i have been to.i wish it didn't have to changes.

Posted March 11, 2013
I am not sure what Harrison the other people are talking about here but our experience with Harrison has been lack luster, The Principal is rude and unengaged and the teachers are for the most part awful. My daugheter's test scores and gpa have plummetted due the lack of teaching. They are disorganized and horrible to work with. If you complain then they take it out on your student. Diligently looking for another school for my child to attend!!! 6th grade was a waste of time..I only pray that it is not too late to get my child back on track!

Posted January 30, 2012
LOVE THIS SCHOOOOOL!!! it is amazing! I love how small it is and how excited my child is to go to school.

Posted January 20, 2012
Hello, I am a mother of a child with special needs, I think this is the school is that he needs, I would like to make an appointment with the school counselor as soon as possible, and that can help me as to their needs. Thank you very much!

Posted January 20, 2012
Hi I am a 7th grade student and I used to go to harrison prep this was one of my very favorite schools my family is in the military so we move around alot and this school is so welcoming and kind the teachers are good the kids are nice the kids there don't bully people. At the school that I have been going to there has been bullying like nothing I've ever seen. I went to freedom park elementary but the teachers were terrible so this is my first day being homeschooled. Harrison prep is one of the best schools I have ever been to the only thing that I would change about it is maybe to get lockers.

Harrison Preparatory School 4

Posted April 20, 2010

Posted July 15, 2009
This school feels like a private school without the high price tag. My son has always been bored to death at school but now faces challenges that make him push himself to new learning. The staff and the principal are caring people who will work hard to make sure that kids are well taken care of. We feel lucky to have our student at a school where high academic rigor is the norm.

Harrison Preparatory School
8800 121st St SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
Last modified Harrison Preparatory School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top